Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

hold on peeps, u can recover fully.
    Last edited by beeyee18; 14-07-13 at 09:10.

Well I think my mind has given up thinking and is kinda blank now; I've started on a low dose of antidepressants and seems to have helped a little; I've been working as normal; this i struggled with immensely at first but rode through the anxiety; it helps to keep busy even though your head is questioning everything!!! I have found baths to be the most relaxing thing! Hypnotherapy does not work so don't waste tour money!!
    I do feel emotionally numb though; which is depressing!

Laura

Its getting to be pretty hard to wait much longer before I can get help... I keep having suicidal thoughts. I break down during the day crying for my mom and dad... I keep doing what everyone tells me, just let the thoughts be there. But I cant stop the depression, its almost too much. Im terrified ill finally get to my appointment and nothing will help anyway...

I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you have any meds to help you in the meantime?

I have a low dose of klonopin, it just makes me sleepy, and I know that kind of med is addictive, so I try not to take too much. I don't need anymore problems than I already have. I just actually feel alone, I don't know how I can go back from that.

Your suffering derealisation Raindrops...and yes I've had the thoughts you have re the universe etc...
    There's lots of threads on here on derealisation , have a read of some.

Obsessive thinking is just that.. No matter what your thinking about..
    When you find yourself doing it, just say. 'Ok I'm bored of this subject now, your wasting your time keep entering my mind'...I'm really not interested anymore' ....
    Thoughts only keep coming if you give them importance..

It's intersting, storm is totally right because it is just obsessive thinking, it's the same process as htinking about cancer or heart abnormalities. Because the topic seems so big and deep, we forget it's just the same process as any old anxiety. If you find yourself believing that you are unravelling life somehow, you need to laugh a little bit at yourself a little bit, make light of it, then reassess.

I've realised something recently that doesn't relate to this thread but would be helpful to you guys anyway. Sometimes I have an emotionally charged thought path. It's when you think of something and you feel your skin and heart go anxious and your stomahc maybe plummets, all that. I've found that when this happens, I can stop the thought tracks, reset, then I make myself repeat what I was thinking. I usually find the emotion attached to it is much reduced, gone, or I've forgotten what it was! It's important to say STOP when you feel an emotional thought sequence coming on. It's like your thoughts get off the logical train tracks and enter an emotional tran track which isn't logical. If you repeat it without emotion, you push it down the logical track and often find it isn't as important as your emotion made you believe. Worth a practise!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

No matter how bad it gets, I still have just as good of a chance of getting over this as anyone else with a very severe fear/obsession though right? I know I shouldn't worry over about how long I've had it, but ive never had anything this hard stick with me for 8 months, I feel like ive missed my chance.

timing it out won't help you! You have as much chance as anyone else, you just have to stop reminding yourself about it, and get bored of it. it won't stick forever, your mind can't hold on to something forever. You'll get bored.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information