Hi,
My perhaps strange, but important to me question is:
I live in the USA and have rabies phobia. Recently I stood next to a fence with a hole in it where I have seen some stray cats coming in and out occasionally before. I forgot all about it and was turned away from that fence while looking for something in my car. After about 10 seconds I realized that I was close to that fence being turned away from it, and I quickly moved away. A thought came to my mind if I could be at any risk from rabies from any possible contact with a cat that perhaps I could not see during that brief moment when I was not looking at the fence and occupied with my car? However, I did not see any cat near that fence during that moment. On the other hand, I keep thinking that I would probably feel it, too. Even If some cat got in touch with me and licked me on my leg and I did not see it during that 10 seconds time it would not do anything since I had my long pans on, so its saliva would not penetrate. I am not sure and worry a lot now. Are there any real bases to worry here or it is nonsense, and just my phobia, obsession and anxiety talking here? Please answer to help!
Thanks guys!