Thread: Rabies phobia?

Rabies phobia?

Hi,
    My perhaps strange, but important to me question is:
    I live in the USA and have rabies phobia. Recently I stood next to a fence with a hole in it where I have seen some stray cats coming in and out occasionally before. I forgot all about it and was turned away from that fence while looking for something in my car. After about 10 seconds I realized that I was close to that fence being turned away from it, and I quickly moved away. A thought came to my mind if I could be at any risk from rabies from any possible contact with a cat that perhaps I could not see during that brief moment when I was not looking at the fence and occupied with my car? However, I did not see any cat near that fence during that moment. On the other hand, I keep thinking that I would probably feel it, too. Even If some cat got in touch with me and licked me on my leg and I did not see it during that 10 seconds time it would not do anything since I had my long pans on, so its saliva would not penetrate. I am not sure and worry a lot now. Are there any real bases to worry here or it is nonsense, and just my phobia, obsession and anxiety talking here? Please answer to help!
    Thanks guys!

Re: Rabies phobia?

You would have to have been bitten by the animal and the skin broken. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks so much Annie! It feels better to be assured when confused. Please tell me yet honestly. Would people who don't have that "phobia obstacle and blindness from the fear" be concerned with situation I have just described or not at all since there are really no bases here?

Thanks again.

I would not be worried about that situation at all.

Thanks again. Yes, I realize that thousands of people every day, I believe, face situations like that all the time and go on living without second thought about it, right. It is that distortion from fear. I know it, isn't it?

God Bless.

Thread Information