Thread: Palpitations

Palpitations

Just wondered, how often people get palpitations? Is it a daily thing?

Re: Palpitations

I tend to get at least one episode of palpitations a day. Although I try not to panic about it too much! They are still pretty horrible though.

I used to get them occasionally but had big ones Monday which sent me into a major panic. Since them have been getting them daily, worrying about it now

I started getting these last year. I get them in phases, they come, stay around for a few weeks or longer, then go. The first bout was scary and distressing, then I eventually got used to them, now I ignore them.

I am convinced it is diet related for me and I must start a thread on this when I get a chance to see what other people have found. Mine started when I got a steamer and had more fresh veg in one week than I'd had the previous year. I joked to friends the new healthy diet was going to kill me. The second bout was after a period of dieting (alternate day fasting) - when I went back to eating every day (ie. my veg/fruit intake again increasing a lot). The third bout was when I bought a juicer and started having loads of fresh veg/fruit juice each day.

Basically, if I eat crap and don't exercise I am fine. If I eat healthily, my heart goes mental. Great

I tried loads of stuff you read on the net - magnesium, fish oils, various supplements, keeping hydrated, none of it made any difference. It just comes when it wants, annoys me for weeks, then goes on its own accord.

Thread Information