Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which things do you miss most by having anxiety?

Which things do you miss most by having anxiety?

I find by having panic/anxiety its the little things I never used to think twice about doing that I now miss being able to do.

For me its things like being able to jump in the car with a friend and nip up town for some shopping and a coffee. I used to take my 2 children to town most Saturdays too and go somewhere for lunch - something I miss.

Parents evenings I used to like going to and have my list of questions/comments prepared - now Im in and out of there in a flash and hoping my appointment is bang on time and I dont have to wait.

Being able to shop around and find pressies and knick knacks for the kids after a good long look rather than having to rush in somewhere then rush right back out or paying triple on the Internet sometimes!

Days out used to consist of a good long day spent somewhere - eating there, buying souvenirs etc. Now its just a quick look round till I sit back in the car and hopefully am with someone the kids can still go round with.I say to myself well at least ive been but i dont feel good about how I feel when I am there.

What do you miss most from life before this came?

The things i miss most, is going clothes shopping with my teenage daughters, i havent been able to go shopping with my girls for years. I miss the family days out also, and also the getting in the car and just nipping to town for the shopping.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Well, i too miss not being able to spend shopping days without rushing in and out, not being able to look properly because of the fear i may faint or pass out. Also not being able to just go anywhere i want without the "what ifs" popping into my mind........
    however it does get better, and now i have days where i feel relaxed shopping and can spend that bit longer without worrying too much- i still have the thoughts and days where i feel anxious and want to get home as fast as i can........i hope this passes one dayx

I miss not being able to go out without worrying about what happens if I'm sick etc.

I miss taking the kids out, going out for a nice meal with my hubby, and most of all going into town, treating the kids. All the shopping is done on-line, takes all the fun out of it.

I do hope that one day, I will be able to do the simple things in life again!

Lisa p

I miss being able to ride my horse confidently. I miss being able to have a drink with my friends and family. I just want to feel confident in my everyday stuff, like going shopping without having to remember to breath properly things like that really upset me!

Cheers

I Miss seeing my children
    They are grown up now and one lives in Kent and the other lives in the USA.
    I did manage a trip to Kent but felt so bad. It takes the pleasure out of doing it
    I have been like this all my life but have improved to some extent cause I couldnt go out at all

Hugs
    Pam

I miss so much, just being able to leave the house or going anywhere without this fear i carry with me.
    There is so much i want to do and so many places i want to go with my children.
    If i ever recover i dont think id ever take anything for granted again!!
    x

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Without sounding cheesy, I miss ME!! Dunno about you guys, but I'm nothing like what I was before this happend to me. I fear and question everything, nothing is normal or simple for me anymore.

I miss ME!!

£1000,0000 reward for whoever finds her

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

I miss being independant. I rely on my husabnd far too much, but I am getting there.

Jenny xxxxx

Hi

I just miss being normal. Just doing everday normal things without worrying about having a panic attack. Just watching telly without the thought even crossing my mind. Just wish i could go about my buisness without a care in the world. Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Traceyxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information