Thread: no longer working

no longer working

i have been on sertraline for over a year now and it seem to calm my panic down i am only on 50 what should i do...i have a doc app on monday to have a chat as my panic is back and my anxiety is on high, shall i ask for me to up the dosage or ask for a change any help would be grateful...is there anyone that has had the same issue

Re: no longer working

Hi,

I think if the anxiety is back but they have worked for you then you could ask for an increase in dose. 50mg is the lowest therapeutic dose and I have read of the same thing happening to others when they were on 50mg for a period of time. I think its a bit too soon to give up on Sertraline without at least trying a higher dose.

I was on 50mg for 6 weeks, have been on 100mg for just over two weeks. Am just starting to get over the dose increase side effects so am hopeful this dose works for me.

Of course it all depends on the level of side effects you are suffering as they might get a bit worse at 100mg. Then again they usually pass after a couple of weeks.

Mark

You could increase the dose like Maro said. But is there any life reason why the anxiety might be back? Something you could talk to someone about?? It sounds like you got to a good place, so I'm just wondering if there is a reason why it's returned...

I ask this because I don't think the drugs will suddenly have 'stopped working' as you say. When we go on to drugs we have to get the dosage right and for different people that will be different. Like Maro says 50mg is a low dose - it's also what I'm on myself - and an increase could help you. But I don't think drugs defeat anxiety. I think you do that yourself my making changes in your life and moving on. The drugs give you the opportunity to do that when you become trapped by it and can't do anything to make yourself better, so they are definitely important. But there's no reason why they would just stop working...

hi thanks for your advice....the only trigger i can think of is my work are doing a spa day and i would be away from home all day and im not good at being away from home that long.... my anxiety has never gone away from taking the setraline it just made me more relaxed the last big anxiety attack was alot different to anything i had before and thats now put me back on edge again and i feel like im back to square one.i just think i managed it much better before and im struggling to remember how i did it

Thread Information