Thread: How to stop irrational thoughts about my heart!

How to stop irrational thoughts about my heart!

I have had Heart Palps For along as I can remembered. And about 7 months ago i got my heart check and it came back normal. I have made great progress, My anxiety has calm down and the palps only happened about once a week. But today i have weird feeling one and it freaked me out. And now I feel I am back to fearing my heart stopping.

Is there anything i can tell myself or do to make me more rational?
    have any of you guys stopped this fear?

- Thanks

Re: How to stop irrational thoughts about my heart!

Hi Trent1481

I was for about 4 years having fears about my heart I was so scared that it was just going to give up on me and my doctors were getting feed up with me I even changed doctors as o thought they where not taking me serious. I was afraid to push myself and have been taken into hospital twice with a suspected heart attack.

All the tests I had came back normal my ecgs (loads of them) 2 treadmill ecgs and all the bloods and chest xrays fine blood pressure a little high and cholesterol on the high side.

But it still felt like my life was about to end.

And then I begged my doctor to to a cardioechogram and I promised myself and my family and alsoy doctor if that test cameback ok I would stop my HA that was focused on my heart and the results were fine nothing wrong with my heart and from that day on my anxiety around my heart has dropped from 100% to maybe 10% and I'm now learning that the aches and pains I was feeling I can bring on at will and also stop so it was just my anxiety causing it.

So my advice is make a promise to your self that if you get the answer that you want to heat that you will stop worrying and move on with your life as everday you spend worrying is another day you have lost.

thanks, Yeah had a echo cardiogram done, and it came back normal. I even had heart palps while they were checking my heart. palps are just such a terrible feeling. Its easy to forget that they are normal. thank you for the reply!

I have recently had another palp and although I've had loads (and even mentioned them to the doctor yesterday to be told they are very common especially with anxiety) they make me feel so uneasy :-(

Sorry you are not feeling well. This is one of my biggest issues, after numerous test, I still can not get a grip on it. Just please know you are not alone, and that there are a lot like us on here. Hopefully one day we will figure it out.

Thanks for all the support guys

Thread Information