Hi everyone:
I recently switched to a new doctor. I shared with him the fact that I seemed to be non-orgasmic since I started back on Lexapro (I never should have gone off of it!) He asked me when I took my Lexapro, and I told him about 6 pm. He advised me to take it early in the morning when I got up. I had been scared of doing that because of the nervousness the Lexapro caused me in the evening (I have only been on it for 3 or 4 weeks). I decided to try taking it earlier in the day. I took it at 1:30pm on the day I had a doctors appointment, because I figured if it made me feel too bad I would at least be seeing the doctor at 4pm after I got off work at 3:30. Surprisingly, I was able to handle my anxiety better than evening (not so tired, maybe?). I decided to take it at 4-5 am when I get up during the week, and I really felt a lot better. Yesterday, I took my Lexapro at 4 am, and that night, approximately 18 hours later, my husband and I were able to achieve the "desired result." Perhaps a little tweaking of the timing of the SSRI dose might help others who are frustrated with this side effect of an otherwise very good drug.
Peace, health, and blessings to you all
Darline