I first got interested in this when I went to my first ever festival at Donnington this Summer, I went because a band I really got into were playing and I was feeling pretty strong in myself having just finished a national diploma course with a Distinction profile

Anyway, we were trying to shelter from the rain at the edge of a gazebo that had a small group of people inside when we were beconed in to join what was going on. It was a tibetan and mongolian overtone singing workshop and for the next 2 hours me and my mum very self consciously and with me at times getting quite shaky and uncomfortable joined in the toning.

when I realised that with the other people doing it as well you actually couldn't hear my voice I got a little bit more confident and the feeling when we had done a chakra chant and then I opened my eyes was fantastic, I just had a big grin on my face!

I have spoken to this guy a few times since the Donnington thing and convinced him to do another workshop near me, which is in Stockport, south Manchester, he's agreed and I told him I would get at least 10 people.. which was a bit stupid as I don't even know that many people, but I really wanted to do a full days workshop.

Now the workshop is tomorrow and I have just one person other than me and my mum to confirm she is going to come and that's my best friend who I think is just doing it to help me out..

So I guess in some ways this is a bit of a plea for help, but also an opportunity for you to experience what worked so well for me, if you can cope with being in a room full of strangers, singing vowel sounds and a whole range of other stuff then please come along to the St John Ambulance Centre on Edgely Road in Stockport! it starts at 9.30 and goes on till 5pm

I'm not sure if the last bit of this post should be put in a different forum, not sure if I'm out of line for advertising it either, but it was something that really helped me, and if no-one else comes then I'm sure it will be ok.. I'll write up about the day after I've been and see if there is anything there that I can put across online that might help other people on here..

I think I'm rambling now so I'll shut up.. thankyou for reading.

I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.