Thread: Got myself in a pickle again

Jem27 Guest

Got myself in a pickle again

Ive posted so many times about me having sinus problems, ive chronic sinusitis, dr diagnosed me in August and im on a 3 mth course of steroid sprays and im on my 2nd course of antibiotics this month.

I have had alot of headaches recently, down back of my head, ears feel full of pressure, temples and today it was across my forhead. Its mainly the crown of my head and down the back that feels like its pulsing or something, really really tight feeling. I thought today it was meningitis, brain tumour or anurism or something bad.

My main fear is menigitis as its a complication of chronic sinusitis (be it rare but still freaks me out big time) I spend most days worrying it will lead to meningitis, i panic over every headache, symptom that might be linked to meningits, its awful and I feel so upset over it.

Can anyone offer me some reassurance? I know its not what I should be asking for but ive asked 2 GPs and both have said ive more of a chance of winning the lottery, my hubby has read up abit on the risk and he says the 2 are not even linked and very very unlikely to happen but I still dont relax:(

Hi Jem, I've had sinusitus a lot in the past and was convinced it was a brain tumour, had all the test and all the reassurance from the doctors and this was some years ago and I still suffer with the sinuses (a lot) but nothing bad has happened. If I were you I would try to put some perspective on why it means so much to you to feel this way. I am not a counsellor or a therapist but knowing from my own problems the panic you are feeling is misplaced and its anxiety about other areas of your life that you feel that you are out of control of that makes you feel this way.
    I would take a lot of deep breaths and talk this through with your hubby - he's closest to you and I promise he will see what you can't.
    Big Big hug and stopped being scared - fear is irrational and a waste of your precious energy and time - tis the menace that puts us in this place. You are not alone
    Love Julie xxx

Jem

I have offered all the advice I can and to keep posting about it is not helping you. Are you taking any of the advice on board? I feel like I am wasting my time here.

Can you stick to one post and add to that please.

Nicola

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Julie, I am having some counselling maybe it will be resolved there. I should be getting my referal soon, I hope.

Sorry Nicola but I didn't realise that I couldn't post another thread, maybe I will take a break from posting.

i think you are being a bit hard tellin her your waisting yr time people dont need to hear that they get enough of that kinda feelin from doc ect maybe the bit about stickin to one post was called for but the rest was,nt i also no how she feels some rtimes you need to see if any one as any diffrent ideas as maybe she as not found the one right for her trish

Crikey Nicola. I think your response is way out of line. Yes it makes sense to stick to one thread but the rest of your post was cruel. You know as well as the rest of us that peope with HA sometimes need reassurance once a week and sometimes 10 times a day, thats just how it goes. Are you saying that you have always taken on board advice that others have given you immediately? Of course you havent, neither have I. I would imagine that Jem was left feeling pretty low after your response. Thats a shame.

I dont understand wot the problem is with Jems post??? I have posted on the same subject several times, are we not supposed to do that???

I thought the whole point of this was that we support each other whenever it is needed!!!

Thread Information