Thread: Upper stomach pain, abdominal cramps, blood in stool etc

Unhappy Upper stomach pain, abdominal cramps, blood in stool etc

Hey guys...I'm not really sure where the best place to begin is so I'll just start straight off of the bat

I typically have social anxiety & have done for the past 6 years, but since the beginning of February of this year, my symptoms have all changed, and I can't control my panic attacks anymore

I've become incredibly worried & paranoid about what's happening to my body :(
    I keep getting small & quick bursts of sharp pains in my stomach. Just around where my stomach actually is, below my ribs but above my navel. They don't last very long but they're painful & uncomfortable & I'm really scared that it might be something more serious :/

I've also been getting abdominal cramps, a little bit like mild period cramps but dull and (I'm not sure if this is linked to it or not) small amount of blood in my stool. It only occurs once or twice every few months and it's never dark or clotted, it's bright red blood and sometimes it's mixed with mucous, sometimes it's just like plain blood. I'm usually constipated because of stress & anxiety and I don't think(?) I have any haemorrhoids...not that I can see anyway

I would really, really appreciate some feedback on this because it's been worrying me since February :( I've recognised that I lot of the symptoms I'm having now all match up to generalized anxiety, but I've not had a formal diagnosis yet

Re: Upper stomach pain, abdominal cramps, blood in stool etc

Hi

You do need to see the doctor and get a proper diagnosis on the bleeding.

It is most likely piles or a fissure but other things like diverticular disease can cause bleeding as well.

It could be IBS as well

The doc will refer you for a colonoscopy if they think you need it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Upper stomach pain, abdominal cramps, blood in stool etc

I second what was said above - you need to see your doctor, they are the only people qualified to diagnose you. I am going through something similar, so I feel your pain. There are loads of reasons for blood in your stool and most are not serious so try not to freak out, but get the doctor as soon as you can so you can figure out what is going on.

Thread Information