Thread: Do I have generalized anxiety? HELP! :(

Unhappy Do I have generalized anxiety? HELP! :(

I was diagnosed with social anxiety 6 years ago, and over the past 2/3 years I've had a good grip on it and haven't had many (if any) serious issues with dealing with it

At the beginning of this year, my fiance broke up with me suddenly & completely cut me out of his life whilst giving me mixed signals about getting back together one day...my family dog of 14 years passed away, and my mom & little brother moved to Arabia to be with my step dad, which meant that I had to move house to live with my grandmother as my dad lives at the opposite end of the country...

I've heard that other people's generalized anxiety can be caused by sudden stress/trauma so I wonder if that may be it?

My symptoms are completely different to what I experienced with social anxiety. I would be in bed or in the shower & suddenly not be able to breathe properly & gasp for breath, I'd get abdominal cramping and nausea, chest pains & heart palpitations, as well as my lips going numb/tingly after I'd recovered from a panic attack. i've also become incredibly terrified of pain & death, and I'm too afraid to go out by myself in case something happens to me, I've even cut meat out of my diet in case I get food poisoning and have to go into hospital

I know this is probably very vague, but I'd really appreciate some answers or some reassurance about this :(

Re: Do I have generalized anxiety? HELP! :(

Hey am 23 and have been going through all if this for over 8 years sound to me like a mixture of panic attacks and anniexty which I have.the best thing I can advise u to do is go to the doctors and tell the everything it took me years to get a good doctor but when I did they put me on medication to help this if u ever need to talk am here xx

Hey Vickyanne

I have suffered from generalised anxiety for many years and basically it's classed as that if it's pretty much ongoing no matter what the situation. For example I can just be sat quietly reading a book or something and it will come on. I wouldn't like to say whether that is what you are experiencing as I am no medical expert, so I completely agree with xxcessxx in that you should go and really talk with your gp xx

Thank you both ^_^ I'll try and get an appointment with my GP asap

Caramel, I'd definitely say that it's ongoing no matter what the situation is :/ I've started cutting certain foods out of my diet in case of food poisoning or allergic reactions, and especially at night when I'm awake, all I can really think about it how fast my heart beat is, or little aches & pains and worrying about death...and even when I feel perfectly calm panic attacks sometimes sneak up on me for no reason. hopefully going to the doctors will give me some info about what's happening

Thread Information