Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brain tumour anxiety

brain tumour anxiety

hi guys ive always read through these posts but im still worried sick i have a brain tumour, ive suffered from anxiety & panic attacks for a few year now, one night i got a pain in the right side of my head and i googled it and it said brain tumour, i feel dizzy and some times grind/push my jaw down if that makes sense, the pain comes and goes and sometimes goes for a week at the most, but my doctor consists its my anxiety causing tension/anxiety headaches. im taking citalopram and antripoline but still im worried, ive had this for 7-8 month now and been to the doctors about 20 times about it and even though theyve said over and over again its anxiety based i still cant stop worrying.

advice and help please..? or anyone who deals/has dealt with this

Re: brain tumour anxiety

I've had these feelings for many years and I'm still here. It is a common anxiety symptom. I do know how hard it is to accept it though.

Quote Originally Posted by healthanxietygirl View Post
    hi guys ive always read through these posts but im still worried sick i have a brain tumour, ive suffered from anxiety & panic attacks for a few year now, one night i got a pain in the right side of my head and i googled it and it said brain tumour, i feel dizzy and some times grind/push my jaw down if that makes sense, the pain comes and goes and sometimes goes for a week at the most, but my doctor consists its my anxiety causing tension/anxiety headaches. im taking citalopram and antripoline but still im worried, ive had this for 7-8 month now and been to the doctors about 20 times about it and even though theyve said over and over again its anxiety based i still cant stop worrying.

advice and help please..? or anyone who deals/has dealt with this
    Me too, I have these ongoing symptoms and have had a brain MRI and no brain tumour. Please do not google, with head pain it always says the worst possible thing. There are loads of other causes of headaches and head pain including stress , anxiety and tension. Your doctor would know if you had symptoms of something sinister and would have referred you for tests, so feel reassured they have said it is anxiety.

hi liviguy
    that puts my mind at rest just hearing someone else goes through it as horrible as that sounds,

years is a long time!!! do you ever get dizziness due to it????

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Me too, I have these ongoing symptoms and have had a brain MRI and no brain tumour. Please do not google, with head pain it always says the worst possible thing. There are loads of other causes of headaches and head pain including stress , anxiety and tension. Your doctor would know if you had symptoms of something sinister and would have referred you for tests, so feel reassured they have said it is anxiety.
    thanks for that Almamatters,
    im DESPERATE for a MRI is that crazy? i feel the only way ill be at rest is having a brain scan, i just dont understand why the constant tingling or dizziness

I was also desperate for a scan, my doctor sent me for my own peace of mind but said that the scan would be clear. I spent months asking for one but wish I had believed him from the start as having a scan and waiting for the results started up a load more anxiety. If you were displaying genuine symptoms of a tumour your GP would sent you immediately for a scan.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    I was also desperate for a scan, my doctor sent me for my own peace of mind but said that the scan would be clear. I spent months asking for one but wish I had believed him from the start as having a scan and waiting for the results started up a load more anxiety. If you were displaying genuine symptoms of a tumour your GP would sent you immediately for a scan.
    its horrible how much you need your mind at rest, did you ever have pain on the eyebrow area or behind your eye its self???
    I can imagine waiting for MRI results to be horrible, i would be more ill.

Have you had a eye test recently? I have worried about BT. If it puts you mind at rest go for the MRI scan

Hey I've been worrying about it the last couple of days, truth is you really WOULD KNOW if you had a tumor. Anxiety has caused me severe headaches where I feel like someone is poking my brain. Seriously, you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by ScheifferB View Post
    Hey I've been worrying about it the last couple of days, truth is you really WOULD KNOW if you had a tumor. Anxiety has caused me severe headaches where I feel like someone is poking my brain. Seriously, you're fine
    thats true, it just worries me so much and the pain gets unbareable

I'm in the same boat as you!
    I'm constantly worried about having a BT, I've had headaches for almost 10 years with clicking sounds in my ears when I swallow. I get sharp pains everyday in my head, all over. Most recently, last weekend, I gave in and went to the doctors because I was severely dizzy whenever I looked down, with weakness in my right arm and leg, head pains, and my face felt like pins and needles. He basically told me it was anxiety! I'm still worried because although the dizziness is almost completely gone, I still have facial pins and needles and head pains. I get the worst head pains when I lay on my left and right sides. I don't know what to do, I'm scared to get an MRI :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information