I have had one before and remember how horribly painful it was and hoped this time would be different but it was just as painful. The Dr said my bowel was in spasm and he was having to put alot of air in to inflate it and go very slowly.

thankfully all was totally normal .

But I have got dreadful wind, its so loud it would be embarrasing to be in company. I am slowly getting rid of it but I am also passing small amounts of very clear gel. I know the enema they gave me was a clear gel as the nurse told me it was a large amount of clear gel so I am assuming that this is residue in my bowel from the enema. The last time I had it the enema was water based.

Of course I cannot forget the risk of perforated bowel although the nurse told me that if this had happened and the Dr had not noticed he had done it then I would have got severe stomach pains in recovery.

I am worrying about this clear gel that I am passing??

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

I also meant to add that I really must do something about my severe anxiety before any medical proceedure. My pulse was between 120 and 150bpm and my blood pressure was 166/99. My pulse had been in the morning 72 with bp of 131/84.

Even though I explained to the nurse this was normal for me she freaked and went and asked the Dr if it was okay to continue with test and he said fine phew!

Anyone else have this problem?