Thread: Post CBT - 1st test!!!

Post CBT - 1st test!!!

Hi All

I have not been on for a while as I have been reasonably anxiety free. I just wanted to post something about my experience since completing a course of CBT and being confronted by my worst fear.....LUMP.

For anyone who is considering CBT I would definately recommend it. Usually, when I presented with some kind of health event, I always jump to the 'cancer' diagnosis. Since having CBT, when I found my latest lump, I dealt with it much more calmly and did not feel the need to discuss it with anyone who had a pair of ears!

I did make the mistake of googling, but my anxiety symptoms were much less than they have ever been previously.

I calmly saw my GP in a routine appointment and told her that I had discovered a lump on my leg and she informed me it as a fatty lump. Do I believe her...yes and no....... I do feel this will pass in time, but at the moment, I am definately preoccupied with it....touching, checking it still moves .etc. I am not going to be hard on myself and try and accept things and let time pass (God bless Claire Weekes).

Re: Post CBT - 1st test!!!

wow this is very encouriging i have just started my cbt and was feeling a bit scared that it might not work but seeing this has given me a boost thanks for sharing
    frosty x

Thread Information