Thread: Another back to work thread

Another back to work thread

I've been suffering constant insufferable anxiety which has turned my life upside down and crushed my spirit for the past 3 months or so. Really awful: bad days and worse days. Depression, suicidal fantasies every day. Unspeakable suffering. My life has turned to rubbish, I wish I were dead.

My CBT guy has suggested trying to go back to work (I work as a freelancer). He recommended trying to bust past the anxiety and do the best I can despite battling this truly terrible illness.

It's day three and I've never felt so bad. I'm like a prisoner inside my own skin. These feelings are overwhelming in the most extreme sense: I've been going crazy in my mind, constant pacing, phoning friends and crying. Feeling like I'd like to run away. But run where? I cannot run away from this feeling. All I can do is crawl around the floor sobbing uncontrollably freaking everyone out including myself. (Thankfully this hasn't happened yet).

I have to come back for three days next week and I feel so bad but I have to do this. Can anyone offer simple practical advice for how to get through this?

Re: Another back to work thread

I would suggest going to talk to your GP- doesn't sound to me like you are ready for work and sounds like your symptoms might need medical intervention.

I am in my third week back at work after 3 months on sick leave due to work related stress. thought I was so much better until I got back to work- there are so many unpredictable issues related to work and while working freelance might give you some control, it also I imagine means that you don't have the back-up from other colleagues. Good luck and hope you start to feel better soon.

Thread Information