Thread: Does anybody get extremely irritable due to "going out"?

Does anybody get extremely irritable due to "going out"?

Im 16 and cant live a normal life due too extreme anxiety and depression,
    Although I have done very well in the past year after getting over agoraphobia.
    I can go to small places like shops and and houses but never big places like a local town, college etc.
    When I used to go college I'd get very irritated, ach (headaches), inability to concentrate, snappy, scared and shaky etc.
    Anyway I was just wondering if anyone is in the same predicament as I am for it is annoyingly life altering and makes me withdrawn from the outside world.
    Krystal x.

Re: Does anybody get extremely irritable due to "going out"?

your snappiness is probably just your way of expressing insecurity.

when some people get insecure, they get very shy and don't say a word.
    others can get very loud and talkative and overly friendly.
    others can become moody and withdrawn, or seem rude or offhand.
    some get aggressive or try to show off.

everyone has different ways of trying to conceal their insecurity. sometimes being standoffish or quiet comes across as plain rude. i know many times i've been accused of being rude when i was just too shy to talk. being snappy might be your way of trying to prove to others 'hey look, i'm not afraid' when deep down you are. i know exactly how you feel and have ended up hurting family/friends feeling because i was trying to cover up my shyness by being sarcastic or annoying, and it makes you feel terrible. next time, just try to control yourself, either keep quiet or think hard about what you want to say before you speak out loud, and try to make it sound as pleasant as possible. does it sound mean or rude? if so, don't say it out loud. think of a time when you were really happy and full of energy, and try to go back to that feeling and imagine you are in that scenario again. also, just try to smile and be nice. even if you're feeling scared inside, just hold your head up, make eye contact, and if you don't have any confidence, just fake it if you must.

Thread Information