Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Websites I should not go on any more

Websites I should not go on any more

To stop my HA going up through the roof.

Daily Mail online (any article about the dreaded c word) I know the c word is the big fear (with so many types of cancer) it is frightening.

All cancer relation websites (NHS, bupa, macmillan etc) it just sends my HA into overdrive reading all symptoms of possible signs of cancer.

Any health website in general.

The adverts do frighten me from strokes to the other cancer adverts

yahoo answers and classic Dr Google and maybe Dr Yahoo etc.

I did see something in hot topics on yahoo 'heart disease' to scared to click on that link nor do I click on anything to do with what increases the risk of cancer or decreases cancer - because you cannot win, it's too confusing at times.

Prefer to listen to the doctor with any concerns I have.
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 29-04-13 at 17:42. Reason: added paragraph, spelling mistake

Re: Websites I should not go on any more

The dailymail website terrifies me, I remember reading something on there about sweeteners and then being convinced I had been poisoned! I too am trying to avoid most of the above places.

All the medical advice websites always end up the the c word. I think we all know we are better just sticking to docs advise.

I also try not to go on any health forums (apart from this one) reading cancer research forum etc, so many heart breaking entries. I really feel upset reading this.

I know exactly what you mean. All the stories on the mail online seem to be around my age group and of course that worries me.

Google for anything health-related, or news that's not actually in the news search because it's probably someone's blog saying that the Government have the cure for everything but are hiding it to make more money.

Yahoo Answers - Always has at least one post telling to someone to call an ambulance because they might be dying when they've only got a spot.

Daily Mail - always seems to have an article about someone who died after waking up and finding their leg had fallen off or a tumour the size of a melon on their forehead and having it misdiagnosed as a cold 43 times. They probably also hint that it was caused by being on benefits.

Guardian Environment - Apparently you don't need to bother recycling your plastic bags, as the Arctic is going to melt overnight causing the planet to go off-balance, change its orbit and crash into Uranus. Or something. There also used to be intelligent life on Mars but they died out because they didn't recycle their plastic bags.

The Daily Mail is a cancer! If its not about health worries, it's about benefit's scroungers or pointless celebs. Everything is sensationalised to make the reader want to read on. I take what I read in the DM with a pinch of salt.

My gp is freat with my ha. He absolutely hates these online sites. He said they are the reason for all of us nutters!! Ha has only been around in such big numbers since all these sites and the internet etc. He laughs when i tell him the things that these websites say, and he says.......literally where do they get this crap from, and hs been a gp and a hospital dr for 35 years!!

just avoid google full stop lol

Agreed - I only use this site now. Haven't googled for months

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information