Thread: very worried bout hair loss

very worried bout hair loss

hi again, i am working myself up with seeing strands of my hair on my shoulders in the shower and also if i rub and ruffle it onto a white piece of paper then i can how many strands have come out! i am really getting worried that im just gonna have it all fall out, please tell me if anyone else has had this and if its normal or not.x

Hi I have had this problem,when washing my hair and brushiing it.I had a blood test and my hormones are not balanced.I wasnt losing it in clumps.Its not noticable.my hair dresser said we lose a fair bit of hair a day.If you are worried see your gp for peace of mind.
    Take care

Ellen XX

Hi there, sorry this is upsettting you at the moment....It is very natural to loose lots of our hair on a daily basis...I have done so for so many years and i can assure you I am not bald..Yet!!!! I believe if you tie your hair back it can also make it worse? There are a few older posts on the forum that can maybe help you. Please try not to worry so much (if only?) take care.

Me too! I had mine all chopped off into a short bob, yet I still lose loads when I wash it, although my hairdresser says its the thickest "thin hair" he has ever seen!

I had a full blood count done a couple of weeks ago - to check my iron levels and thyroid as well - and it was all completely normal.

So I guess its just the anxiety and stress. Vicious circle again - the more we worry, the more it falls out!

And as we all tend to catastrophise about everything - we will always describe it as "loads of hair", when actually, we're probably only losing a normal amount per day!

Hope that helps

SB xx

Re: very worried bout hair loss

i to am the same silly blond , hair falling out every day , like you had blood tests done and thyroid and hormone level and all normal ..... im now putting it down to stress as in Aug i was sooooo stressed about another health issue so now i guess its all catching up with me ...

Thread Information