Thread: No one cares

Unhappy No one cares

I've been suffering with chronic depression, anxiety and health anxiety for about 2 years now it seems to be getting worse at the moment (starting miritzipene Friday so ill see if that helps) but it seems the worse I get the less my family/friends or boyfriend care. They'll just say 'cheer up' or just completely ignore it and its left me feeling isolated with no one to talk to about this.

Has anyone else had this? How do you convince people that it is a real illness and not just feeling a little upset?

Feel hopeless

Re: No one cares

At times some people don`t really understand unless they have been through it themselves. Its sad really because if it was a broken leg etc, we would get all the help we need. You have got to talk to them and explain how they are making you feel. Good Luck

Hi. I think if you've never had these problems you just cannot have any idea what it is like. Everyone has experienced physical pain so they have no problem relating to that. When it comes to mental illness, only people who have been through can relate to it. I'm sure these people do care about you. But they probably feel at a loss because they can't relate to or understand what you are going through. They may also feel quite threatened by it. People often feel threatened by what they don't understand; just look at people throughout history - they were frightened of all sorts of things because they didn't understand what was going on, e.g. thunder.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm going through the same thing at the moment. In my experience you find out who your real friends are in situations like this, it's only the ones who have been through similar experiences who truly understand. Others who appear to empathise at first soon run out of patience and I get the impression that I'm a burden to them.
    Take care and know that you are not alone.

I know what you mean I used to get alot of ignoring about it and silly coments like snap out of it. My mother would pretend I didnt have depression it was very hard.

Thread Information