Thread: Pain on left hand side of belly button what is it?!

Pain on left hand side of belly button what is it?!

It's absolutely horrific! It's just to the left hand side and its fine when I'm sat down but if I press there or stand up it hurts! And if I lean back I can't bear it! Does anyone else have this ? Xx

Re: Pain on left hand side of belly button what is it?!

Muscular??? Trapped nerve from spine??

Its right at the front, i feel like its like someone has got some of the flesh and stapled it together so I cant sit up right, its sooo weird! x

HI, why not look at other similar posts (at the bottom of this page). They reassured me when I noticed red dots on my arms as many other ppl have them too.

Hi KeeKee, I have been looking there, I've found a few IBS related ones but nothing like this. It feels like a pulled muscle but I havent pulled it :s It also hurts to lean on it! Im hoping it will fade soon, before I worry its something horrid! x

Aww I'm sure its not, although I do know how you feel. It's terrifying when you get something that has never happened before and health anxiety only makes things harder to deal with.

Im really trying to stay positive! My doc has just prescribed Cit for me as well so Im going to get that later today! x

Me too :-)
    I hate new medication though and am terrified to take it, but I was given it on Monday and feel like I will be letting myself down if I keep putting it off. (Been on Fluoxetine for 5 years and the thought of changing medication had never occurred to me).

I was on Sertraline for a month or so, but it didn't help. So I was just going to leave it, but the doc said I have to take them or go for CBT which doesnt appeal to me at all! :( x Im like you, I got my prescription last thursday and still haven't been to collect it x

Hiya,
    I have exactly the same pain I think. A couple of inches left of the belly button? I can pin point the exact pain if I poke - although I'm sure this doesn't help as then just feels tender!
    If its any comfort, I had this last may for a month or so intermittently but always the same spot. Got so paranoid I ended up at the docs on 3 separate occasions. As it turned out they were not concerned and it gradually passed. I consciously knew I was stressed at that time and it appeared weeks after. It also flared up with certain foods. Unfortunately the more we become aware, the more we prod, the more it hurts and the cycle continues. I do think you are probably experiencing a similar digestive symptom as I did tho and it will pass..

Thread Information