Thread: what are ur actual symptoms of panic attack?

what are ur actual symptoms of panic attack?

The reason I ask is I am worried (surprise surprise) I suffer with health anxiety and panic attacks, when I get a panic attack I shake almost like I am fitting, along with the not being able to breathe tight chest and usually hysterical crying... the shaking worries me and it scares my husband, it is literally all over body shaking and my teeth chatter the whole time, anyone else get this?

big hugs to you all xx

Re: what are ur actual symptoms of panic attack?

Mine are not the typical panic attack symptoms.

I have fear and maybe a bit of shaking or irritability/agitation. But most of my symptoms are in my head. Depersonalisation/derealisation hits me first and normally the hardest. That's the most scary thing. Suffering from that real bad right now.

I might go into my shell too. Be unable to talk to other people around me. I'll sometimes just want to hide somewhere and curl up into a tight ball and cry. I will then suffer the real bad fear. Fear of what, I don't know, but I'm bloody scared.

it really does suck doesnt it? when I am in a "logical" state of mind I look back on the attacks and think WTH?? at the time tho it is truly horrendous :(

My panic attacks are like yours Steveo. I don't have too much of the physical symptoms and health anxiety. Mine is more on my head, DR with the most intense feeling of fear and dread - but not really sure what about! It's exhausting x

I don't know if you can class mine as panic?

I've had a really crap day all through thinking to much before sleep last night(well I think that's what it is)

I've felt like a pit in my stomach, i feel sickly, don't really want food(normal for me when I'm like this) feel like I'm about to cry(but don't) then I get thoughts of wish I was normal and happy instead of not knowing what the next day is going to be like.

I actually don't understand the dp/dr thing perhaps I've got that and don't realize it?
    Last edited by clio51; 01-05-13 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    I don't know if you can class mine as panic?

I've had a really crap day all through thinking to much before sleep last night(well I think that's what it is)

I've felt like a pit in my stomach, i feel sickly, don't really want food(normal for me when I'm like this) feel like I'm about to cry(but don't) then I get thoughts of wish I was normal and happy instead of not knowing what the next day is going to be like.

I contractually understand the dp/dr thing perhaps I've got that and don't realize it?
    That sounds more like depression to me than anxiety? X

Yes, I am depressed,
    but when I get these symptoms I get rushes of adrenaline,headaches,legs shaking,get tingling up my neck and sometimes feel I going to faint,I also get stomach upset(toilet)and dry heaving.

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    Yes, I am depressed,
    but when I get these symptoms I get rushes of adrenaline,headaches,legs shaking,get tingling up my neck and sometimes feel I going to faint,I also get stomach upset(toilet)and dry heaving.
    Oh I see, yes I can relate to those symptoms it's very frightening and debilitating isn't it? :( take care x

Thread Information