Thread: ''At Last A Life'' - book review

Post ''At Last A Life'' - book review

Hello fellow NMP
    I've have just ordered a book which after much review seems very promising! Its by a guy called Paul David and the book is called ''At Last A Life''. I found it on this website www.anxietynomore.co.uk and after reading through the website and checking out some independent reviews, I decided to buy a copy from Amazon.
    Have you heard of it?
    Have you read it?
    What are your thoughts?
    Do you have any feedback about the book?
    I'm very interested to heard from anyone who has read the book or heard about it.

Re: ''At Last A Life'' - book review

Yer I've had this book a couple of years now, it's about the guy David who as depression and his life with it. All the things he did,what he tried,who he saw,etc.

When you read it , you think(well I did) I'm going to try that(well not going without meds) but like most things it's easy said than done.
    But an interested read.

Thanks for the comment Clio

I've read the book. It was marketed as how he overcome agoraphobia so stupidly I was expecting to reading something that would make all my problems better! Basically he just put himself in panic inducing situations and let the panic wash over him and he floated through it. Sounded like Claire Weekes advice. I wish I could master this floating through panic malarkey!!

If anyone wants this book let me know and I'll mail it to you as its on my pile for the charity shop.

Thanks Bernie. I understood that he suffered from GAD? I really hope its not a pile of c**p! ... I've already ordered it

It's not crap, but just the same stuff I've read a thousand times

Fingers crossed I get something out of it

I hope you do too RAG

Hi RAG,

I read the book in an afternoon and I was inspired straight away... as others have said it is harder to implement than how it comes across but nonetheless i enjoyed it. It is reassuring to read a story from a fellow sufferer. I would have liked some more explanation along the way- the acceptance part was hard for me to understand and in some ways I think the Claire Weeks 'floating' concept is easier to visualise and implement but maybe that's just me- best of luck with it!

Many thanks for your comment Daisy. I've started reading the book and so far I'm enjoying it, I hope to learn from it too

Thread Information