Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baffled

Baffled

Years ago when I was at school I made friends with a boy. He was my best friend ever. He became like a bro to me and like a 2nd son to my mum and dad. He was one of 5 sons and his dad wasnt the nicest of people to say the least. He loved my mum and dad.
    I got married and had a son and him and his girlfriend who then became his wife were God parents to our son. However they got married, had no children and then got divorced.
    I found out yesterday that he had died and no one knew. None of his family or friends. Hed become a recluse. No one knows where or when what happened to him. Hes been dead 6 months and no one knew. His family are baffled.
    Im gutted. He could have turned to us. My hubby knew how close we were.Wed have helped him. I cant let this go I need to know what happened. I need to pay my respects somehow. I loved him.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Re: Baffled

I'm sorry, that's so sad to find out.

Sending hugs xx

Oh gosh Granny - I'm so sorry. That is tragic.
    Thinking of you at this difficult time.
    J x

So sorry to hear this very sad news Lynn. Sending you lots of love and hugs xx

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Eliot

So sorry to hear that someone so close to your heart, even if you had not seen them in years, has passed away. As you write it, I feel it could be me - I've also lost people in similar circumstances.

So sorry to hear your story Lynn. I know would would have helped him, you are a very caring,loving person.My heart goes out to you xx

Sending you hugs Lynn

How sad, sorry to hear that. X

So sorry for you , Love and hugs

Paige xx

Oh Lynn, your news is very sad indeed, I am so sorry & am sending you warm hugs & feelings from deep inside my heart. It is strange how life does things to people sometimes, things that you never really expect.
    I'm sad for you & your family to have lost such a friend. For you there must be strong feelings & many memories tied up in all of this. It is a time of very mixed emotions for anyone who loses someone that means a great deal to them. He was a big part of your life & he will always be there in your heart. Nothing will change that. the history you shared together will always be there.
    It's amazing how sometimes someone from outside your family can become a close part of it. From what you say, he was clearly important to you all and he must have been a great companion with whom you shared a great deal. Ups and downs no doubt.. It is indeed sad how things turned out for him.
    I would imagine you feel compelled to find out more about what happened & why because he still means a great deal to you.
    It is very natural to feel that you could have helped him. It is true that he could have turned to you for help but at times in life, circumstances are just such that for whatever reason, sometimes people do not reach out to others. I have heard of this situation many times. Being left in this situation by someone we love is not easy to come to terms with. That we were not able to help or even were approached so we could even try to offer assistance does leave a heavy & hollow feeling.
    For some people I have known, even when others were able to help or intervene, it still happened that things did not get better for & they were unable to heal from their troubles. This bears no reflection on the people who tried helping or who could have helped if they had known. It is hard to unpick the confusion of it all but there are times when people become lost in life & are less in contact with reality than even they realise. It is possible he drifted away from others without actually meaning to.
    It is never easy to hear news of this nature &with the situation being cloudy & there being a delay in finding out, it does rather complicate matters. It adds to the confusion in your mind. I really wish for you that this had not happened.
    Lynn, one thing I really do know for sure is that he will have benefitted enormously from the support he received from you and your family. You will have contributed to giving him a chance in life that might never have come about otherwise. He will have shared much happiness with you and your family. That happiness is something you will be able to retain & in time to remember without the pain you will be feeling now.
    Try to look after yourself won't you? Don't forget you are special & that we all know you are kind & compassionate person. I am sure we will "speak" again soon but meanwhile take it easy.... xXx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information