Thread: Fast heart rate and palps

Fast heart rate and palps

Can anyone relate as I am really starting to worry about my heart. My pulse is constantly high about 90 I have had ECG's at the hospital and all they said was that it was fast but sent me home anyway. Would an ECG show defects? I was prescribed Proponol a few months ago but am worried about taking them. I want to go back and see my GP but I don't see the point really as I don't take the meds they prescribe because I am too anxious. Thanks for listening

Re: Fast heart rate and palps

Hi, This was happening to me. I was also prescribed Propranolol and have been taking 1 daily and I am doing fine now (8 weeks later things are starting to settle).

I am terrified to take meds too but it definitely does help.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Hi, This was happening to me. I was also prescribed Propranolol and have been taking 1 daily and I am doing fine now (8 weeks later things are starting to settle).

I am terrified to take meds too but it definitely does help.
    Thanks were you prescribed them for a fast heart beat or for anxiety?

Hi. Ive been on proponol for about 8 years, not had any problems with them only when ive forgot to take one. They have kept my blood pressure down. I did have a bad episode last Thursday, I had been feeling off it all week, funny head and stomach, Thursday afternoon at work I started feeling really ill my heart was beating in my stomach and I was shaking really bad, in the end my boss phoned 999. The paramedic came did ecg, blood pressure and also pulse my pulse was very fast and he was going to take me to hospital but in the end he referred me to doctors that evening. Said was panic attack and maybe a stomach bug. I did miss a tablet that morning but they said it would not have caused that. Pulse and heart been fast since then so I hope its all part and parcel and settles soon.
    Hope you feeling better soon.
    Claire

Quote Originally Posted by clairejayne View Post
    Hi. Ive been on proponol for about 8 years, not had any problems with them only when ive forgot to take one. They have kept my blood pressure down. I did have a bad episode last Thursday, I had been feeling off it all week, funny head and stomach, Thursday afternoon at work I started feeling really ill my heart was beating in my stomach and I was shaking really bad, in the end my boss phoned 999. The paramedic came did ecg, blood pressure and also pulse my pulse was very fast and he was going to take me to hospital but in the end he referred me to doctors that evening. Said was panic attack and maybe a stomach bug. I did miss a tablet that morning but they said it would not have caused that. Pulse and heart been fast since then so I hope its all part and parcel and settles soon.
    Hope you feeling better soon.
    Claire
    Thanks my blood pressure is a bit high but nothing out of the ordinary, I am constantly checking my pulse and am hyper aware of my breathing and hearbeat which does make me more anxious. Hope you are ok now x

I would not hesitate with taking the tablets now when I first took them I used to get in a right state but once I got used to them I could feel the difference. Ive been constantly checking my pulse and every funny feeling I have had I started getting anxious over this weekend. I sometimes think there's no light at the end of the tunnel but all can do is try and keep positive. Sure you will soon start to feel better soon.

Thread Information