Thread: Weird feeling in side of left breast, arm, shoulder area....scared :(

Weird feeling in side of left breast, arm, shoulder area....scared :(

Once again the dreaded c word is creeping up :( i have been great for a couple of month with very little health anxiety, i have been having cbt , but last week i asked if i could try and deal with things myself so my councillor signed me off cbt list but did say i could go back whenever i felt i needed to see her.

right so... been having a weird feeling in the outer lower part of my left breast off and on, been putting it down to lying on that side mostly, anyhow it started again but feels like a mild burning sensation, on a scale of 1-10, id say a 1-2, because the next day i started my period, so i thought it may be hormonal, but the last time i had this was 2 weeks before my period
    i started to worry and google and came up with "C" of the breast, since i read this, the weird feelings have been going round to my shoulder blade, then just tonight down my arm with sort of a numbing feeling to it.
    last night the mild burning was in my left upper back, again all of these are pointing towards "C" :( im devastated... im going on holiday with my hubby and 3 gorgeous kids in 5 weeks.... dont want this to be hanging over me.
    i did have a burning feeling in my breast in feb and went to see doc, who said there was no explanation....as i type this the sensation is not in my breast nor my upper back but on my side between breast and shoulder.
    im also having weird pains in my front just below my left shoulder
    im seeing doc in 11 days about this but hopefully it goes by then

Re: Weird feeling in side of left breast, arm, shoulder area....scared :(

Had this a lot, and a couple of glasses of wine makes it go away. Comes back the next day, but I am reassured it's only stress, because it DOES go after the wine (or pills, these days!)
    So try not to worry xx

i havnt got a clue what it is :((( shame i dont drink lol

Could very easily be muscular related maybe from you spine. any neck or backache as well?

no neck or back ache, the ache im getting around there is mainly in my upper left below my shoulder :/ iv been to work and started crying their thinking about what if it is "c" im sooo scared. its more like a mild burning sensation, it is also on the left lower breast and around my side
    Last edited by stressedmamof3; 06-05-13 at 21:25.

Have you had blood tests? If you have and are clear you can forget about cancer. I have this most mornings when I wake up and believe me there are lots of reasons. Poor posture through getting stressed is one also could be mild fibromyalgia which I'm convinced I have. Dont worry about fibro it's benign but unpleasant.

Thread Information