Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: being sick during endocspy?

being sick during endocspy?

Had 1 about 5 years ago without sedation and that was pretty bad but I wasnt feeling sick. Now I have been feeling sick for years and what I am thinking is if I get sedated and have something in my stomach when i feel like I am going to throw up wont that make me sick

what do they do if you are sick while the camera is down?

does sedation put you to sleep totally

am more worried to be honest about what they find. I dont want to be half dozey if they say they have found something bad

advice please?

Re: being sick during endocspy?

Hi and

Your stomach should be empty when going for an endoscopy, so there will be nothing to come up. I suppose it depends on how your system takes to sedation. I have heard of people being completely sedated and others relaxed.
    I wasn`t completely sedated.
    Wishing you well.

The sedation is fast acting so you feel pretty normal when it wears off. It's just like having a sleep or feeling dozy. They will talk to you about the procedure after you've recovered from the sedation. I felt a bit sick when they pumped the air in, but not to the point of throwing up and like flori said above, you don't have anything in your stomach to throw up.

do you have a drip in your arm?

I am more worried about what they will find. I dont want to wake up and get told they found cancer.

been feeling sick like this for 5 years and its taken me that long to get my GP to sort one out. Now part of me doesnt want it done as they going to find something real bad

I got told you can only have one done every 5 years (like nothing at all can possibly happen in that period of time eh?)

No Harris, you don`t have a drip. They put a cannula ( a small needle into arm or hand ) for sedation. I don`t think you will have cancer, but I understand how you feel, because I always look on the worst possible find too. If you have been feeling sick for 5 years ,I doubt very much if it is cancer. Is there someone going to the hospital with you.

Quote Originally Posted by flori View Post
    No Harris, you don`t have a drip. They put a cannula ( a small needle into arm or hand ) for sedation. I don`t think you will have cancer, but I understand how you feel, because I always look on the worst possible find too. If you have been feeling sick for 5 years ,I doubt very much if it is cancer. Is there someone going to the hospital with you.
    Hi yes someone is coming with me. I just have this vision of the person who did it telling me its come back very bad indeed which makes me not want to go

Sorry Harris , what makes you say come back. That`s good you are not going alone.

sorry my bad grammar
    I meant the GI person will come back with bad news from the endocsopy Ive had done
    I have got someone going with me

Try not to worry too much Harris, I am a very anxious person and had a endoscopy without too much trouble. I did not have the sedation, they did put the canula in my hand in case I started to panic, but I was pretty calm. I was convinced I had something terminal that was going to be discovered as I have had digestive problems for years, but it was all fine.

You will be fine Harris x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information