Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Progress Report After 11 Weeks

Re: Progress Report After 11 Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Camike88 View Post
    I really do hope something works out for you. I recently had a strange episode where i felt depressed and anxious out of nowhere. Ive been very worried and tried two medications for a couple days but I almost feel like I cant go through the start up/withdrawals... I have been feeling a bit better the last couple of days so I hope its just a passing thing. I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated! Hopefully Maro is doing alright.
    Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, perhaps you are on the road to recovery and that's great. Likewise, let me know how you are getting on (if you don't mind) and take care. If they change my medication, I am really not looking forward to the change over as I had a horrible time when I first started on the medication, but then again I was very anxious.

I sincerely hope you keep improving and lots of luck to you.

J xxx

Hi J and Camike88

Really sorry I have been quiet and many thanks for your concerns.

The 150mg dose is working much better for me anxiety wise and obsessing wise. Depression wise its not been too great. I have been really tired and lethargic (and tbh a bit lazy) on the increased dose but that finally seems to be passing. I find that when I need a boost i can take 200mg without any ill effects, but I know that isnt the right thing to do.

How are you both doing today? Is the 200mg not working for you J?

Quote Originally Posted by maro111 View Post
    Hi J and Camike88

Really sorry I have been quiet and many thanks for your concerns.

The 150mg dose is working much better for me anxiety wise and obsessing wise. Depression wise its not been too great. I have been really tired and lethargic (and tbh a bit lazy) on the increased dose but that finally seems to be passing. I find that when I need a boost i can take 200mg without any ill effects, but I know that isnt the right thing to do.

How are you both doing today? Is the 200mg not working for you J?
    Hi Maro,

Lovely to hear from you and I am glad to see your anxiety and obsessive thoughts are easing, that's great news. Hopefully your depression will begin to ease soon too, now you are feeling better.

I had been feeling a little better too for a few days, then today when I was cooking our roast I felt really panicky and strange, and my intrusive thoughts started all over again and I felt terrified again. I had to take some diazepam to calm myself before it all escalated and I wouldn't be able to eat anything. I am really upset because I haven't taken any for five days, now I feel like I am back to square one.

I have been referred to the Recovery Team and have had my Sertraline reduced to 150 mg and my Mirtazapine increased to 45 mg, with a view to swapping me over to Clomipramine, I believe, which hopefully should be more effective for my OCD/anxiety. I don't know what to do now, as there are times when I feel I am getting better, then periods when I just feel panicky and terrified again. Mornings are still pretty terrible though, but I am sleeping and eating better now and haven't cried in a week.

I just don't know what to do now regarding my medication, whether I should stick with my current tablets or switch to their suggestion if that would be more effective?

Hope things continue to improve for you, very best wishes.

J xxx

Sorry to jump in. I'm also on sertaline 200mgs and mirtazipine 45mgs have been on the sertaline for 4 wks and I know it is a short time but I can't bare the anxiety that I have all day. I dread waking up in the mornings. I also have diazipam which I feel isn't working anymore as my anxiety is so bad. I haven't eaten for 3 wks except a banana a day and yogurt drinks. Really nausea and upset stomach. Anyone any advice. My psych is losing her patience with me as she says I am looking for a magic pill that doesn't exist.

Hi Charlie,

My advice would be to try to stick it out with the medication for a little longer (believe me, I know just how hard it is) to give yourself a chance with the tablets. I completely understand about the unrelentless anxiety, that's how I feel for the majority of the time and it is horrible. Have you got support/family/friends to comfort you? I really hope so. I completely understand about the eating problem, hopefully when your anxiety gets under control your appetite will improve also. Have you tried those build-up type milk shakes, the strawberry ones are usually quite paletable and maybe switch to full-fat milk if you don't already have that for the extra calories?

Try to distract yourself with the television or play computer games, crosswords, puzzles anything that you can concentrate on (again very difficult, I know) just to give yourself a break from your thoughts. I am sorry to hear your doctor doesn't seem to be sympathetic, perhaps you could find another, as comments like that aren't helpful. You aren't well and you need support and help to recover, that's her job after all.

Message me whenever you like, I completely understand how you feel.
    Kind regards.

J xxx

Thank you for your reply. I have support from my husband and family. I'm scared they are going to run out of patience with me. My mum is elderly and really worried abt me it's not fair on her. This has been going on for a year now was on Prozac for 8 months. Which when I look bck seems to have been working better than the sertaline. I am going to try hypnosis today will try anything.

Hi Charlie,

Glad to hear you have support from your husband and family, actually your situation sounds very much like mine, I too have elderly parents and worry about the effect all this is having on them. I had a massive panic again this morning and had to call them over to be with me and they were brilliant. I feel guilty and worry that if they need me I won't be able to help them so I really have to get better. I am slightly better than I was and usually feel better in the evenings and I do sleep well, it's the waking with the panic and I can't cope with.

Hope the hypnotherapy goes well and brings you some relief, would be interested to hear about that as it's something I have considered myself. Quite frankly I would do anything to feel better in the mornings.

Take care.

J xxxxx

It's the same for me as soon as I open my eyes its there but for the last 3 wks it's lasted all day and night thankfully after taking my mirtazipine I'm able to sleep. If that stops working I don't know what I will do. I have just tried 10 mgs of diazipam hopefully that will calm me down a bit. Thank u for your support today. I don't know abt the hypnosis but I will go bck next wk she asked me to write a story abt my anxiety which I find difficult to do as I have no motivation and don't know were to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie11 View Post
    It's the same for me as soon as I open my eyes its there but for the last 3 wks it's lasted all day and night thankfully after taking my mirtazipine I'm able to sleep. If that stops working I don't know what I will do. I have just tried 10 mgs of diazipam hopefully that will calm me down a bit. Thank u for your support today. I don't know abt the hypnosis but I will go bck next wk she asked me to write a story abt my anxiety which I find difficult to do as I have no motivation and don't know were to start.
    Hi there Charlie,

Sorry you are having such a tough time, hopefully the diazapam will give you some relief. That's good that at least you are able to sleep, I think Mirtazapine is supposed to be very good for that. I have also been given diazapam and find it helpful in easing my anxiety, although I really try not to take it if possible. I think I have read or seen somewhere that mornings are usually the last thing to get better with anxiety, so perhaps we just have to give it some time, it's the pits though, having panic and anxiety as soon as you open your eyes.

Perhaps you could just jot down a few notes for the therapist if you find writing a story too daunting; I know what you mean about motivation, I am really struggling to do anything very much at the moment.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

J xxx

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information