Thread: I feel like i have gone a step backwards

I feel like i have gone a step backwards

Hello Everybody,

I dont really know how to write all this down but im going to try.

A few years back (2003 i think) i had my first run in with anxiety and panic attacks. Before my first run in i was smoking a large amount of cannabis and taking various other drugs (both triggered my anxiety and panic attacks). After going to see my doctor in a real panicky mess, i was advised to stop taking drugs and smoking cannabis. She also put me on zispin to help calm me down and help lift the feeling of anxiety. I did stop smoking cannabis and taking other things. It took a number of months to feel normal again, i didnt actually know when i was better. For the last few years i have been feeling really really good and have lived a very normal life with no signs of anxiety or panic attacks. untill recently...well the last week.

Since feeling better the last time i decided to smoke small amounts of cannabis again(but stictly nothing harder), and for the last 2 years i have felt fine with it. Having the occasional smoke with friends, with no panic or anxiety attacks.
    About a week ago i went to a party and accidently downed a drink that contained a large amount of extasy tablets (your all free to judge, but it really was a accident). I was awake all night and for the rest of the next day, i was a little bit scared but i managed to hold myself together. I did in the end fall asleep and when i woke up i felt a bit groggy but i was ok. That night i had one joint with my friends and i went to sleep. I woke up the next morning in a very bad way. I was shaking feeling panicky and generally felt the way i did a few years ago. Over the last week i have been feeling the same everyday, having problems sleeping, weird dreams and waking up sweating, feeling sick and not eating, shaking, twitching, crying alot, fear of being alone. It seems to be worst in the morinings i wake up every morning in total panic and have to go outside and smoke a ciggy straight away.I have stopped smoking cannabis again, and im NOT even going to start smoking it with friends on the odd occasion this time!! I went to see my doctor yesterday and they have put me back on zispin. I took one zispin last night, around 11pm and didnt get to sleep till gone 1am. After taking the tablet i got a bit twitchy i could not stay still, i would try to goto sleep but i got tingling feelings in my back and had to move everytime they happened. I eventually went to sleep but i was still waking up in a bit of a panic in the morning. I woke up around 7am when my dad was going to work and i was very panicky, i then went back to sleep and woke up around 9 am in a similar state. I'm not sure if these tablets are working, im very worried about it. I worried the tablets may do me more bad than good, although i did have the best nights sleep i have had in a week last night i still dont feel good today. I'm worried im not going to get better!! Its a real step backwards for me!!! because i was feeling so good before the attacks came back!!! If anyone has any input to give me i would very gratefull... i posted this to help people and try to help myself... im really scared at the mo!!!

Cheers Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you sure you're not suffering from a really bad comedown? You said the drink contained a large amount of pills and was only a week ago so it could well be that, i hope its that anyway cos then hopefully you will start to feel better soon.
    Did you tell your doctor about the pills?

Zoe x

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

i did tell my doctor about the pills, i told her eveything. i was really scared if i took zispin it would react with the extasy i had taken and make me seriously ill(i did take it last night). i have been told that extasy leaves your body in a very short period of time about 2days. but its been over a week since i took it and i still feel really bad. worse if anything!!! very worried and extremely panicky!!! thanks for your reply!!

Thread Information