Thread: Bad taste in mouth

Bad taste in mouth

Just wondering does anybody know if Vitamins can leave a bad taste in your mouth?

I'm trying to supplement my diet to try and help with my HA and I've read that Vitamin B complex is meant to be good for depression/anxiety so I bought some over the weekend from Holland and Barrett. I've also started taking a Vitamin D supplement as I read that most people are deficient in vitamin d and it is good for the immune system.

Anyway I started taking it on Saturday and woke up Sunday morning with a sour taste in my mouth, didn't think too much of it but noticed it a bit yesterday and today it's awful I woke up with it and took some more this morning and now I've just got this really sour taste in my mouth which doesn't seem to be going.

I'm just wondering could it be the multivitamins?

Re: Bad taste in mouth

Heya,

Multivitamins can definitely leave a bitter taste in your mouth, as can a lot of other medications. It can also sometimes be a symptom of anxiety fo have a bitter/sour/metallic taste in your mouth due to the way anxiety activates certain hormones. Given that you've just started taking multivitamins and have just noticed the taste, I'd say that that's your cause

Thanks Aimee

It's bad today, I didn't take the vitamin B complex today but took the vitamin d, I did notice as I was swallowing it there was quite a bitter taste so I'm thinking it's that. I also noticed you are meant to take them with food and I haven't been

So I'm going to try taking with food and see if it helps.

thanks for your reply xx

Hello,everyone.

I came across an old forum about "bitter taste in mouth" and I felt kind of relief that it's not only me that suffers because of it...

My own problem started 2 years ago with a sense of burning at my tongue. As days passed,this burning gave its place to a persistent bitter taste in my mouth. Since then I experience the bitter taste in almost a daily basis.

Notices and facts that make sense are:

- The bitter taste come and go and I cannot make any connection with a possible cause(food, allergy, stress periods, stomach, digestion problems,etc)

- I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis (long time before the problem of bitter taste started)for which I had taken medication(antihistamines, cortisone injection) and I had been cured.

-There are days I feel good (no symptoms at all),days that I have the bitter taste some hours per day and days that the symptom bothers me all the day during.

- During my pregnancy, I didn't have any symptom at all.Bitter taste came back 2 months after delivery.(I was breastfeeding since the first day of delivery)

- Every morning that I wake up, I don't have bitter taste in my mouth. Bitter taste starts with the start of the daily meals.

- Endoscopy (in nose, larynx, pharynx) indicated swollen nasal nipples and there was also an indication of Gerd.
    (In the past I was diagnosed with Gerd once again, for which I was given 2 months zurcazol treatment with no reduce of bitter taste symptoms)

- Ultrasonic in upper abdomen was negative.

- At my first brain MRI(2009),I was diagnosed with cavernoma(at the right front lobe) which was a random medical finding and I 'm used to checking it out once per year.

-All the blood tests are negative.

- Most of the times,the back part of my nose is such stuffy that it leads to sore throat,pain in ears,pain in the nose.

- My doctor gave me to try Pulsatilla 200 for the first day and Pulsatilla 30 every morning for 1 month.It seemed it worked the two first days that I took it(no symptoms at all) but now (7th day),I 'm suffering from sore throat, pain in ears,much more than before.

Could sb help me and suggest me a possible solution to my problem?

Thread Information