Thread: Am i going to be like this for the rest of my Life ?

Am i going to be like this for the rest of my Life ?

hi and i hope every body is doing fine, i just wanna vent this this and get it out of my chest.I have anxiety for 7 years now.and looking back i was just afraid of my ordinary symptom like headache,dizziness,unbalanced,fear and almost every common symptom there is.But still i can fuction well i work as a fulltime Physiotherapist in a hospital.and doesnt take any form of medication.I get through all of that.But 3 years ago i got married and settled here in the UAE with my husband.everything is at its worst.I developed Phobia,OCD and this dreaded health anxiety.I could count the days that i was crying as i couldnt work and just stayed at home.Googling for every pain i was having going to the doctors but fearing every visits as i am expecting for the worst.sometimes i could experience severe panic attacks for several days waiting for some results and doing some test.and at thesame time receiving some bad news about relatives at home getting sick and eventually died.this is me now,as i was writing this i feel every pain and my mind is feeding me all the diffrent incurable disease it can ever feed,asking me to again go to the doctor,this is me every single day no joy,no energy,feels numb all i can think is that i am sick.one question that i have is back to where i stared 7 years ago up to the present.Does stressing about anxiety brings damage to our stressed out bodies for i know that if you are stressed every chemicals and hormones in your body is up to their limit and this is not good at all.I am really fed up in going to the hospital.Does Anxiety have some more things to show?i know that i have read so many self help books and forums but i just dont benefit from it.Cause for now looking back...i am at its worst.I am just living everyday with health anxiety infront of me.Am i going to be like this for the rest of my life.?

Re: Am i going to be like this for the rest of my Life ?

Hi
    As I read your post I could see myself.
    It's soo hard and even harder when no one understands you!
    I was on maternity leave but wasted around 4 months of it on google.
    Self diagnosing.
    I have a worry, go GP, feel better for a few days, then find another worry to focus on. If I was rich I'd pay for every test going.
    I know this isn't answering your question, buy just wanted you to know your not alone xx

Quote Originally Posted by pepperutchie View Post
    hi and i hope every body is doing fine, i just wanna vent this this and get it out of my chest.I have anxiety for 7 years now.and looking back i was just afraid of my ordinary symptom like headache,dizziness,unbalanced,fear and almost every common symptom there is.But still i can fuction well i work as a fulltime Physiotherapist in a hospital.and doesnt take any form of medication.I get through all of that.But 3 years ago i got married and settled here in the UAE with my husband.everything is at its worst.I developed Phobia,OCD and this dreaded health anxiety.I could count the days that i was crying as i couldnt work and just stayed at home.Googling for every pain i was having going to the doctors but fearing every visits as i am expecting for the worst.sometimes i could experience severe panic attacks for several days waiting for some results and doing some test.and at thesame time receiving some bad news about relatives at home getting sick and eventually died.this is me now,as i was writing this i feel every pain and my mind is feeding me all the diffrent incurable disease it can ever feed,asking me to again go to the doctor,this is me every single day no joy,no energy,feels numb all i can think is that i am sick.one question that i have is back to where i stared 7 years ago up to the present.Does stressing about anxiety brings damage to our stressed out bodies for i know that if you are stressed every chemicals and hormones in your body is up to their limit and this is not good at all.I am really fed up in going to the hospital.Does Anxiety have some more things to show?i know that i have read so many self help books and forums but i just dont benefit from it.Cause for now looking back...i am at its worst.I am just living everyday with health anxiety infront of me.Am i going to be like this for the rest of my life.?

Hey, I know what you're going through. I'm currently in the UAE too, there are quite a few good clinical psychologists here, maybe you should consider Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? I've heard it can be really helpful in dealing with anxiety

thank you Panicperson and klausrothschild it really is comforting to know that i am not the only person going through this.Klausrothschild are you in Dubai?

Quote Originally Posted by pepperutchie View Post
    thank you Panicperson and klausrothschild it really is comforting to know that i am not the only person going through this.Klausrothschild are you in Dubai?
    Yes, I am in Dubai. There are several places which have CBT here (Lifeworks, Lighthouse Arabia, Dubai Community Health Centre). Perhaps you should set up a consultation and see what they would have to say, I found that really helpful

Thread Information