Hello,

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I was prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg by my doctor for depression and anxiety 16 days ago.

The doc told me to be patient because the med would take a few weeks to start working. That said, I started noticing a real difference in my mood and energy levels after just 1 day and felt really good about the future, my mood was calm, I could concentrate better, I was generally feeling a lot more positive and I felt what I can only describe as a warm loving feeling overall. I felt so much better so quickly that I started inviting myself to social gatherings after just 3 days and I really thought that I would now be able to manage my low mood and anxiety.

I was sleeping less, my sex drive had vanished and my appetite decreased significantly but this was fine as I was feeling so much better.

The problem is that this initial period only lasted about 8 days and now it feels as if things are slowly going back to how they were (panic, low energy, anxiety, butterflies). Im concerned because i think that i have built up a tolerance very quickly to this medication and that it now wont work. I am still taking the med and will continue to do so.

Can anyone out there relate to what is happening to me?