Thread: shortness of breath

shortness of breath

HI ive been ok all day but the past half hour im feeling a need to take deep breaths all the time, this is freaking me out I feel like im not getting enough air in my lungs like the need to take a well deserved deep breath but it not happenening trying not to over breath at the minute but cant help it. Does anyone else get this??????? if so how can I stop it it really scares me, feel like any minute now im going to stop breathing.

Any advice right now will be much appreciated.

thankyou lisa

Re: shortness of breath

I am really sorry, I know from personal experience what this is like, I have had it on and off for years. I would suggest making yourself busy, if you can concentrate, play a game on the internet, try candy crush on facebook. Complete body muscle relaxation helps and relaxed breathing exercises. Search the net there are a lot of breathing/relaxation methods.
    It is a bit late in the day, but going out for a walk really helps, it gets the endorphins going if you walk quickly. Put the TV or radio on for white noise while you are busying yourself.

BobbyDog

Bloody awful once at the height of my panic I had this one night & it took me about 2 hours to get back to normal? I get when I'm hungry a winded feeling sometimes , I get anxious then that's it feels like I'm gonna stop breathing! I've been battling panic for 2& half years now and although better I do have my moments!

Try & keep busy although that's easier said than done.

Better said than done, but try and not think about it and keep yourself busy Watch somejhing funny on tv. go for a wak Listen to your favorite music. See if that helps. I get this all the time and if I Dwell on it it throws me into a panic attack and my blood pressure goes up .

I get this a lot when I'm bad, it's all part of what I call the "heavy" feeling where I keep having to draw deep breaths. It's very difficult to know what to do, because you have to feel motivated to try and do anything in the first place, and when I'm like that I don't have any at all.

hi all thankyou for your replies, I did do some deep breathing alsp tried to occupy my mind. its very very hard..... but it lasted till I went to bed... so thankyou for your support it really helps

lisa x

Thread Information