Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how would you describe your dizziness?

how would you describe your dizziness?

Hi

For the last 5 weeks or so I've been having this intermittent dizzy/lightheaded feeling. Sometimes it lasts for hours and some days I don't have it at all. I've been about 4 days without it but this morning it's there again. I have had a cold and my ears have felt a bit blocked so it could be to do with that?

Obviously being the worrier that I am, I'm thinking that it's something serious. In my rational mind, I tell myself that it's being made worse by being tense. I can feel my shoulders are very tense and the back of my neck is too so I guess this doesn't help. Also I can feel that I'm shallow breathing but I can't seem to get it under control.

For those who suffer with anxiety related dizziness - how would you describe it. Mine isn't like the room is spinning or anything, more a feeling of a swimmy head.

Thanks

when my dad gets a cold, it ALWAYS effects his ears. his describes it as his head 'buzzing' like he's drugged up and on a high. There is alot of flu going round lately.

Myself i dont mind having a cold as it makes my eustchian tube swell and i dont get popping! {i have patulous eustchian tube}

When im out, i constantly have a lightheadedness going on, its like being on the verge of dizziness. like one step further or a move of my neck and im going to go dizzy.

Becci x

HI I get the dizzynes with anxiety all the time, like you it can last all day or i can go a couple of days dizzy free.

Its quite hard to explain, i have it now, its like im in a cloud above my head, my vision seems blurred and i feel as if im not really here. if you no what i mean.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

I get the dizziness from time to time and can say it’s horrible. It comes from nowhere and even at times I don’t think I am anxious, Its so bad I have to hold onto things to get about and even when I sit or lay down its still there. I haven’t had it much now for quite a while. Hope I haven’t jinxed myself saying that LOL. Take care, Vernon

Hi I get dizzy spells,and light headed feeling.Usually when Im out and anxious.I then feel nausious(cant spell)[Duh!]Sometimes its low blood sugars,but usually anxiety.My shoulders and neck are always tense,feels like Im carrying bricks on my shoulders.Can all cause dizziness pet.
    Take care

Ellen XX

Hi

I have had the light headedness for 3 months now and I only have brief respite. I don't feel the room spinning and I don't have blurred vision. I do spend much of my time thinking about it and I believe this keeps it going. Sometimes I feel like I am walking on springs or when I stand still I have the sensation I am on a boat although that hasn't been as bad in the last month.

The strange thing is yesterday my son (16 years old) had an epileptic seizure the first in 18 months and I was home alone with him. He fell out of bed and injured himself. My day was spent phoning the epilepsy clinic, taking him to the GP and running up and down the stairs seeing to his needs (most energy I have had in 3 months)! You know I never noticed the light headedness/dizziness because my mind was elsewhere. Now of course I am very aware of my symptoms and i am lying on bed feeling sorry for myself. But it does show that our thoughts and moods do effect our wellbeing/nervous system.

chillx

I feel a sense of swaying, but I have asked people and I am not swaying.
    Sometimes my mind plays tricks and i think soemthing is moving, like the walls closing in or something....does this make sense - can anyone relate to this?

Hay x

mine is like a hangover head if you know what i mean........not so much a spinning dizzy more like a wobbly feeling, a muzzy head.....at first i used to say my head just feels weird.....i still get it on and off most days

Mine feels like I'm moving or bobbing up and down even though I'm not! It can happen when I'm stood, sitting or lieing down. If I'm walking it feels as though I'm walking on jelly. Its a lot worse if I'm tense or tired.
    love Helen

I am so glad this subject has come up...for months now I feel as if I am living with my head in a bubble, just ever so slightly off balance, not dizzy, just 'out of it'...gets worse in new, intense situations, but as one of you has mentioned, when I'm busy, I forget all about it. This must mean its more to do with anxiety than anything else, which is how I remind myself its not anything serious (I'm sure we have all thought its something sinister).
    My neck and shoulders are also often rock solid with tension, and my osteopath has told me it can often affect your vision, hearing and sinuses when this area is really tense...explaining the out of body like sensations we get.

Amber x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information