171 35.11%
  • 45 to 55

58 11.91%
  • 55 plus

6 1.23%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll for the Ladies

A Poll for the Ladies

Hi, some of my family and friends are convinced its my hormones that cause Anxiety/Panic. Im not sure really as im 43 now and had Agorophobia for 10 years. Although i do no my anxiety is alot worse a week before my periods start.
    Would be interesting to know what age group of women as the highest percentage.

Please could you put your ages.

Many thanks

Love

Andrea
    xxx

im a afraid your family are right some women who have never had anxiety before start to experience at premenerpause as early as 35 im 37 and my hormones have gone sky high my monthlys are so different to how i used to feel and im sorry to say we both have years of this untill we reach the menepause so good to be a women.ther are lots of herbal remedys to help us cope daisychain x

anita jane

Hi,Im 39 and have had blood test done for my hormones,they are not balanced out.my moods have been worse and my anxiety.Its really hard to tell if it is hormones as I also have alot of stress in my life at the mo.anita is right it can all start at our age.:(:(

Ellen XX

i agree totally, mine started after the birth of my daughter by cessarian section(which i think is a lot to blame for it)
    I also find my symptoms are much worse before and during my period.
    Lots of girls i have spoken to who had c sections suffer the same.....

its all very interesting

tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

hi new on here and just want to say im 33 and the week before is my worst week ever ,spoke to doctor about this he said it will be worse its connected with hormones the panic and anxiety

YES ITS A LACK OF PROGESTERONE,
    I posted about this some time ago on here,
    dont know how to find the link and post it here but maybe someone else will ?

mirryx

HORMONES AND ANXIETY - Estrogen dominant ?
    I think that's the one you wanted Mirry
    xxx
    Sandy

Hi, yes I agree it's defo to do with hormones, I had ovaries removed 3 years ago and since then my anxiety has gone through the roof, I am now 35. Am on hrt, it helps a little. It's not just lack of progesterone it can be also lack of oestrogen aswell.

Take care,

Polly x

Hi
    I'm not sure about hormones being involved or not. I've had 3 episodes of anxiety and panic, first time I had panic attacks for a year when I was 22 and bulimic, second time was when I was 26 and had panic attacks for about a year again and I was really unhappy at work and this last time I had GAD for about 6 months and I'm 36. The only common element to the 3 episodes is that my body and nervous system was under alot of stress.
    love Helen

I am really intrigued now by this. I am 39 years old (will be 40 near Christmas). I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome and dont have periods at all. I wonder if my anxiety is linked to my hormones. I have had it on and off for 20 years now, since in my teens, and I have had times in this period when I have not suffered from GAD and PA's at all but then I have had times when it is more severe. I have been on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds and now am taking Propanolol and am not on any anti-d's and just take a small amount of Lorazepam when needed. However my IBS is another factor and this is bad at the moment. Althoug I dont have a menstral cycle to follow there are times when my GAD is much worse than other times. I am trying to do all the things I think will help eg have joined a gym, watching what I eat, trying to find some me time. I am determined not to allow it to interfere as much as I can with my life but if I could find out whether it is hormone linked there may be something else I could try and a bit of hope of another avenue to look at for help. If anyone else has anything helpful to add I'd be grateful.[8D]

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information