Thread: I think my Panic Attacks are back

I think my Panic Attacks are back

Well not been the best few days.

Last night will sitting alone watching a film. I had a intense feeling of doom come all over my body and (this will sound weird) something like a itch in the heart area that shot down my arm so for the next hour I was just sitting there waiting for the worst to happen.

Then today I went out for a walk into town with the family I felt not to bad but then went into the local supermarket and within a minute I had to leave due to feeling trapped and I started to feel unwell.

So sat out side and waited for the other to finish in the shop and I composed myself and then started the walk home and then I started to get chest pains and fill sick, unsteady on my feet and the feeling of doom came back and it felt like someone was pressing down on my shoulders and I was fearing that I was about to faint.

I am doing cbt but because my panic attacks had subsided they are treating me for depression but I have only had 4 sessions and they have been something like 2-3 weeks apart and then I only have 3 more sessions and then they stop. So I think cbt is a waste of my time.

This is just a short relapse I hope as can't do this all over again.
    Last edited by xtremx; 11-05-13 at 12:19.

Re: I think my Panic Attacks are back

Hey xtremx....sorry to hear that, thats a shame....think the way you got to look at it, you have beat panic attacks once you can do it again.....and you are better equipped this time cause you are doing the CBTcourse....mine have returned again also after a 2year break, am not as upset this time about them cause I know I got rid of them once and a can do it again, just need to get in the zone of beating them.....good luck don't let them get you down you can beat them again.

Take care

Reeny

Sorry to here about your panic today :-(
    You handled it really well by the sound of it just go with it and remember it cant hurt you even tho symptoms are awful, you keep going at cbt dont let it set you back. Ive had that happen to me in shops before its bloody awful.
    Chin up mr xtremx your still doing well xxx

Thank you both

I seem to do a awful thing when this happens and beat myself up and accuse myself of being a failure for allowing it to happen.

I think it has been brewing for a while as my life has been complicated for awhile but at the same time it has been good I have felt on top of the world but everything has come crashing down around me and it just seem to be a battlefield at the moment.

I should just shut up and think how lucky I am others have it a damn lot worse so I owe it to others to pick myself up and get on with it.

Sorry to hear how you are feeling Chris.

You need to stop being so hard on yourself, you done really well to get through it. The emotions and feelings are just an illusion, as real as they may seem. Anxiety, the imposter...always gets to us even more during times of stress/worry as I well know.

I have added a couple of links that you may find helpful...this one explains almost every physical, emotional and psychological symptom one can experience due to anxiety, might help to put your mind at rest a little...

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

This one was given to me by my CBT therapist and some of the resources are really helpful...

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/index.html

You may feel like the CBT is a waste of time, but if you just get one small positive thing from it, it will be worth carrying on.

You can and you will get through this. Negative thoughts will only increase the anxiety so please try to think positive. Good luck.

I hope you feel better soon. Kitti x

Thanks Kitti

I will check out them links you sent me. I know I should know better with having suffered for a few years now but it still catches us unawares at times.

Cheers

Thread Information