Thread: phobia eating red meat

phobia eating red meat

As you know I have a real worry about worrying about having bowel cancer, even though I been told it IBS.

I have read a lot about red meat and processed red meat online that it an increase risk of cancer and heart disease etc.

I only eat red meat once a week, but I might sure I get iron from cereal, other meats and vegetables etc

It worrying my parents that I been worrying over the last year about my health, with what I eat and drink. I need to put weigh on.

Re: phobia eating red meat

If you are only eating red meat once a week then I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It is worth remembering that advice on food health risks is worth taking with a pinch of salt (do you see what I did there? ) There are endless articles around claiming different links between different foods and different health risks, most of which aren't particularly credible. When reading this stuff you really need to critically evaluate whether the source is reliable or whether it is likely that they are scaremongering and misrepresenting evidence.

Here is a great example: http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com/

Try not to worry about it too much. It is a massive waste of the time you should be spending having fun.

The most important thing is that you have a healthy diet - lots of vegetables and whole grains are really important and if you're worried about cancer, make sure you eat lots of things with antioxidants in them - blueberries are great, so is brocolli and loads of other fruit and veg. Don't worry too much about your red meat consumption - there is no problem having it a couple of times a week. Just vary it with other things - fish and chicken and vegetarian options. Don't think about it too hard - worry causes disease and makes you sick too, so you're better off enjoying your food as long as it's generally pretty healthy.

Thread Information