Thread: Constant waves of anxiety and panic..

Constant waves of anxiety and panic..

Okay, So after I have a panic attack/anxiety attack it's like for the next few days/weeks I have constant waves of anxiety and panic. Like, constant and I mean like seconds apart. I calm down for a few seconds then BOOM.. I get that feeling in my chest and my shoulders and arms start aching in pain. I feel like I'm going to puke.. and it's just constant. Any advice on how to stop these constant waves that are like seconds apart? It's scares me because I don't think it's normal to have like a few days/weeks long panic attack straight. That's why I always fear that it's something wrong with my body or I have a brain tumor or something with my health.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

And I feel like it's not normal to have on going symptoms that last. Such as my shoulder/arm pain.. And also my mouth always goes numb as soon as I panic.. Is this a common thing? Also I get the shakes really bad.. Like, Cold chills to the extreme and I throw up a lot from panic. I never heard of people actually throwing up from a panic attack but I almost always do.

Re: Constant waves of anxiety and panic..

Hey, I throw up all the time when I have panic attacks. It sucks. I understand how scary it is to never feel calm for more than seconds. At my worse I'm like this for days. It feels like I'm going crazy, like mental institute crazy. And then it subsides for no reason. I have to say though that what helps me is to take little doses of clonazepam every four hours, just to get my body to relax. It takes about 24 hours to work and then I'm back to normal (which is sadly not a great state). When it happens to me though, I always tell myself that I must have some kind of disease, that it's not normal I can't calm down a little. But it always passes, eventually.

Everything you have described doesn't seem alarming. Panic attacks make you feel weird stuff all over.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information