Thread: Give up & want to start back on

Give up & want to start back on

Been off for about 5 months now but it has got to the point where I am not sure why I came off in the first place & if it's worth suffering the anxiety I am getting as apposed to being drug free.

Just do not trust GP's advice as they don't really know me & just get a quick update on the PC every time visit which is not often. I still have a repeat prescription order for the Cit so am very tempted to put it in tomorrow & start on it again because I am more anxious than ever & it is ruining my & my family's life .

Re: Give up & want to start back on

I am on Citalopram at the moment, but previously I was on Paroxetine for quite a few years. I stopped for about 6 - 8 months but then realised I still needed them. Like you I had a repeat prescription and I just put that in and the doctor just signed the prescription - worth a try, or you could just go back and speak to your doctor, I am sure he would be willing to let you go back on the tablets.

Good luck x

Thanks for the reply.

Did you feel better going back on them ? I am just shocked that I have been off for so long then suddenly I'm hit with real bad anxiety like I'm back at square 1.
    A part of me feels defeated if I need to go back on this medication but I am not sure if that is the right attitude to have.

I felt that they didn't work as well the second time around.

Don't feel defeated that you need to go back on medication, if it is what you need at this time in your life and it will help you then it could be the right thing to do?

Thanks for help

Thread Information