Thread: Don't forget to eat!

Don't forget to eat!

I just wanted to give everyone a tip/reminder about the importance of eating regularly while on Fluoxetine. If you're anything like me, you may well be feeling nauseated and can't stand the thought of preparing food, let alone eating it, so I know it's easier said than done. But, Fluoxetine can affect blood sugar levels and drops in blood sugar are linked to major spikes in anxiety.

Try to eat little and often if you can. If you can face it, maybe make a big pot of soup that will last you for a few days, that way all you have to do is heat up a bowl. It's also easy to eat (it might just be me, but for a while, I couldn't stand the thought of anything that needed too much chewing). Put plenty of veggies and good stuff in the soup so that you're getting lots of vitamins. Pasta is a good option too, nice and soft and easy to cook. Porridge is also a great source of nutrients, easy to make and bland enough to eat with nausea.

Try to not let yourself get hungry. Eat something every few hours, even if it's just a banana or a piece of toast. I've hardly eaten whilst on this, then realised that might be making the side effects worse so I've made a big effort to eat often and the side effects have really diminished, especially the anxiety.

Re: Don't forget to eat!

Good post, I was the same and totally lost my appetite and my partner nagged and cajoled me into eating just little things and it did help. Once I started to eat something it did not seem so bad. Start off small and gradually build up.

Re: Don't forget to eat!

Interesting, for a while on Fluoxetine, I didn't eat enough. That was the worst point.

Thread Information