Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In need of support, encouragement, hugs :(

In need of support, encouragement, hugs :(

After a really good few weeks this morning I have woke up feeling really anxious and weepy. I should be going to pilates this morning but have text a message to say I won't be there. So what has happened?
    I went to the dentist in February and was told I needed a root filling. I was referred to the anxiety clinic to have it done. When the appointment came I had tonsillitis so couldn't go. They couldn't give me another appointment saying I would have to be re referred. Went back to own dentist and he referred me again. Waited for appointment..in the end I called the anxiety clinic and they said they no longer had the contract and would be sending patient details back to own dentist. My dentist referred me again last week but now I have toothache!
    I phoned my dentist this morning and I have an emergency appointment at 3pm. It looks now as if my own dentist will have to do it anyway and I won't be able to have the sedation!! My alternative is to pay £600 to have it done privately which since I am not working now I really don't want to do!!

I am going on holiday in less than 2 weeks now so the anxiety about this is setting in. I don't think my 3 year old cat is well. he has had loose stools for a few weeks now and I took him to the vet and he had antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds. I took a stool sample with me (it also had blood in it) but the vet just looked at it and didn't test it. Anyway he is worse today, won't eat and loose stools again :( I will have to phone the vet again.

My dad isn't too well, he has back ache (he is 84) but I think he is also worrying about my uncle (dads brother) who has just had a quadruple heart bypass and he is 80.

Sorry but I just needed to have a good moan to someone this morning and my husband is working in London this week. He went on the train yesterday. (I live NE England)

Re: In need of support, encouragement, hugs :(

Ah, sorry to hear you've not had such a good morning. Obviously, I only know you in an online capacity, but I can tell you are a good person, Annie. You've always got time to listen to my problems. Hugs

I think I've mentioned it before but the dentist is one thing I have avoided for years so you're doing well just to confront that problem, I think. It sounds as if you've been let down by a breakdown in communication between the clinic and the dentist - but I just know you will get through this. Hopefully, getting it out the way will also help ease your mind about your other worries. Have you been able to get in touch with your husband this morning?

Sorry to hear your having a tough time Annie, I hope everything works out for you soon.

Thank you Peter. As you say once I get the dentist appointment out of the way the other problems probably won't seem so bad. I didn't sleep well last night and my anxiety is always worse when I am tired. I just feel like I have so much on my mind at the moment and need to organise it so I am dealing with one problem at a time instead of all at once!
    Will speak to my husband tonight, he will be at work now. I know it was an early start for him this morning.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Thank you Bekzie x

Things can so easily pile up but they can also sort themselves out in a blink of the eye!

Hope you feel a bit better soon

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

You are right Kelly..I just woke up this morning in a panic and thinking of everything I need to do and sort out. I cancelled my pilates and organised the appointment at the dentists. I have 2 friends visiting this afternoon. One at 12:30 and the other at 4:30 and now the dentist in between at 3! I have yet to organise the vet :(

Yes, that's something which I need to master as well - i.e. learning to deal with one problem at a time, rather than letting the whole lot overwhelm me.

But, when it's become a habit to get swept up by several worries all at once, it is another thing that's easier said than done, and something which I know I must improve on.

Obviously, it is still a few hours until your appointment at this stage. Do you have little things to do to occupy your mind in the meantime?

Have you written a 'to do' list? That sometimes makes me feel a bit calmer when I'm overwhelmed with all the things I need to do.

Look at the positive side of things-you have such a busy day you shouldn't have time to even think about being anxious this afternoon!

Why don't you also plan yourself a relaxing dy for tomorrow to reward yourself for getting through today.

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Ah, just noticed your post in the meantime about your friend visiting at 12.30. Hope your friend can help you out a bit

That is a good idea to write a to do list Kelly as I sometimes get so overwhelmed that I forget what it is I am supposed to be doing.
    Peter I think my friend will at least distract me from my problems as she is bringing her 3 week old baby to see me.
    I have decided to leave the cat until tomorrow before I ring the vet as apart from his bowel problems and loss of appetite he doesn't seem too bad and is running around quite happily.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information