Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citalopram after 5 weeks.

Re: Citalopram after 5 weeks.

Well I've just come back from seeing a GP at my surgery. I explained to her that I'd been on these meds for nearly 6 weeks and thus far I'd had lots of negative side effects and very little sign of any improvement. The citalopram has undoubtedly made me far more miserable. I told her that I didn't want to give in too early in case they started to work. She listened and decided that it was worth trying something else as the citalopram seemed to be doing me so much harm.

So I now have Sertraline. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I really wasn't coping.

I will try and take your advice about eating and sleeping regularly. I find it very difficult to eat mostbof the time at the moment, but I'll try.

I'm sorry to hear you've had more negative side effects than benefits. I hope the sertraline will work out better for you.

So in a strange twist of fate, I found myself feeling a bit more positive towards the end of yesterday and far more importantly, this morning. So I've decided to give the citalopram a few more days to see if the improvement continues. I have noticed that my appetite seems to be improving slightly too. I've got an appointment with my normal GP on Wednesday so I think I'll now give it until then and discuss it with her.

I can't see that I've got much to lose by taking this approach?

Jon I can't guess how you're feeling but my inclination would be to stay with it to the 8 week mark. That's when most people seem to feel the full benefit. That said, again, I am not you and don't know what you're going through, so if you're truly miserable, that is something you have to decide with your doc and therapist. All I can say is that I have felt what it's like to get a little improvement and... it's very nice.

I wish you the best and I hope you get a glimpse of sunshine!

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Jon I can't guess how you're feeling but my inclination would be to stay with it to the 8 week mark. That's when most people seem to feel the full benefit. That said, again, I am not you and don't know what you're going through, so if you're truly miserable, that is something you have to decide with your doc and therapist. All I can say is that I have felt what it's like to get a little improvement and... it's very nice.

I wish you the best and I hope you get a glimpse of sunshine!
    Thanks Keith. I do appreciate your support and input. It's very difficult trying to make a sensible decision when your mood is all over the place. I hope it works out for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information