Thread: addicted to xanex?

addicted to xanex?

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this site. I'm a 17 year old girl who's recently begun treatment for anxiety and panic disorder. My psyciatrist has prescribed me Lexipro. While the Lexipro was beginning to work, I was also prescibed Xanex, to take up to three times a day. But, I've been taking it typically twice a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, for the past three weeks... but, I'm beginning to scare myself, because if I don't take it for about five hours after I wake up, I begain to get very shaky and uncomfortable... and I know that withdrawls from xanex can cause seizure... so I'm very scared, and I want to limit myself off of it, but I'm not sure how. Anyone have any suggestions?
    -Whitney

Whitney

see your dr about it, xanax is a very powerful drug ive heard and should be taken carefully under the instructions given by your dr.
    Xanax is tricky and any cutting down or increasing needs to be done under your dr.

Becci x

As Becci has said - you need to see your dr. about it!!
    Xanax is not prescribed as often anymore because it is meant for short term use only and is addictive.
    Don't stop taking them cold turkey cuz it can cause problems.
    Stay on your prescribed dosage until you see your dr.
    xxx
    Sandy

I take Lexapro too, have found it actually worthwhile. But way back when, the doc gave me zanax for moments of severe panic attacks. She said that since it is so powerful and addictive, its not meant to be taken except in emergency situations. I do have an on-going prescription to be filled every so often(60 days or whatever) so it technically I could be taking it every day. Hope this helps.

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Thread Information