Thread: PMS problems

PMS problems

Hi guys

In real need of some help and advice at the moment as I am very worried. For the last month everything has been fantastic, in fact Ive been the old ness, going to work regularly, catching up with friends, going to the gym etc. The last week though (which happens to coincide with that time of month) has been absolute hell.

Ive been having really bad mood swings, Im struggling to get out of the house and go to work, Im not eating properly, and am suffering from really severe depressive bouts. I even got so depressed the other night that I started cutting myself, something I havent done in a few months now.

Today I feel shocking. All Ive been able to do is sleep, my bodys exhausted, and i literally feel like ive been hit by a truck :(

Can anyone else relate to this? Is this just normal PMS, or is it being made worse by the fact I have a mood problem and am prone to anxiety? What do I do? I just cant afford to have a week off every month to recover. Any advice would be much appreciated [8)]

Hi Ness,sorry to hear your going through a bad patch.I used to get pmt really badly,my dad used to say I had it 3 weeks of the month.Since being on antideprssants its settled down alot.I also came off caffeine,red meats.I cut down on sweets, biscuits,cakes.I drink alot of camomile tea.Your not alone with your feelings pet.
    Take care[8)]

Ellen XX

Thanks so much Ellen, its nice to know someone can relate, and Im not the only one going through this. Hopefully, some of the things that you found helped can help me too, because I know i cant deal with it every month and neither can my family lol

Thanks again [8D]

hi ness

my anxiety and panic is worse when my period is due and also very moody and snappy, generally quite down on myself also.

hope you feel better soon hun

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

Thankyou everyone

Feeling much better and hopefully next month with your help il be better equipped to tackle my mood swings

Love Ness xoxoxoxo

Hi Ness.

Hope you are feeling better. I get like that a lot of the time when I am on my time of the month, but am generally moody anyway lol.

Scooby2005
    x x

Hi Ness,

I too suffer w/horrible monthly's. I was diagnosed w/PMDD Premenstraul dysphoric disorder. I guess it's an awful type of pms. I was prescribed Prozac for it and it really helped me out. You only have to take it about 2wks out of the month. I am no longer on it and I seem to be doing fine.

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

I AM REALLY GLAD YOU HAVE MENTIONED THIS THIS IS MY WORST TIME EVER AND I AM JUST THE SAME AS YOU I JUST WANT TO SLEEP ALL DAY .IF I FIND ANYTHING HELPFUL I WILL LET YOU KNOW .TC TRACY

Thread Information