Thread: Worried I have Skin Cancer...

Worried I have Skin Cancer...

So I woke up today and had a painful spot on my chin. Only when touched. Had a bit of a beard so I couldn't see my skin. Figured it was just a nasty pimple!

Well I shaved tonight and that hurt! Then i realized it wasn't a pimple at all but a huge red blotch covering about half my chin and a bit more. Looked flaky as well.

First thought was dry skin. No problem! But weather has been warm here... idk. then came the freak out about skin cancer. It's not raised or anything but it's a weird shape and I've never had anything like this before. Just mild acne!

Thanks. I'm only 23 years old. If that matters. haha. Particularly what got this in my mind was my doc warning me about the need to wear sunscreen recently. Just doing his due diligence.

---------- Post added 17-05-13 at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was 16-05-13 at 23:55 ----------

Ok started to calm down. Managed to somewhat convince myself that the rash or whatever it is... is from having a beard which i don't usually do and not moisturizing/taking care of it. Then irritating it further by shaving the dry spot.

Re: Worried I have Skin Cancer...

well skin cancer doesnt hurt! as i thought i had it so ask the gp! defo not! just sounds like a sore bit to me! x

Thread Information