Thread: Being sent for a knee x ray, may need keyhole! :(

Being sent for a knee x ray, may need keyhole! :(

So I posted here yesterday about a knee issue I have developed.
    Today I went to the doctors and he felt my knee, moved it around and said I may have loose cartilage or some sort of ligament damage as he could hear it click and pop.
    He also said the swelling could be due to bleeding inside the joint which worried me!
    He has filled in an xray form and I'm ringing up the hospital Monday afternoon for a booking.
    I'm scared because I hate hospitals, I've never had an x ray before, only on my teeth when I had a brace fitted when I was younger.
    I'm also very scared they will find something wrong as I don't think I will be able to go through with an operation even if it is keyhole. I have never had one before and the idea of it is making me feel sick.
    I don't like the thought of a general anesthetic and being out of control of my own body.
    I will probably do it if they let me have local anesthetic. Do you think this might be an option?
    I just need reassurance and advice, maybe experience from anyone who has had similar.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Being sent for a knee x ray, may need keyhole! :(

The Xray is nothing at all to worry about and will be over in a few seconds. You basically just have to lie there while they take the image. The machine doesn't touch you at all.
    Don't worry about options regarding operations as you may not even need one. I had problems with my knee when I was in my late teens and I just had to do physio to 'repair' it. Wait until you get the x ray results and know what it is before worrying about it xx

Thread Information