Thread: hungover after half a vodka and coke!

hungover after half a vodka and coke!

i took my first cit yesterday morning and i had a slight headache through the day. When i got home i had a vodka and coke and half way down my head was pounding! I had to go to bed and this morning i literally feel like i drank the whole bottle of vodka! Wont be doing that again!

Re: hungover after half a vodka and coke!

Thanks for the warning. I don't drink at all on the meds (you can call me teetotal now) but it is useful for people to know what the potential consequences could be.
    If this was your first dose, then the headache could've been partly due to side effects. Things should start to improve for you within a few days.

Heh yeah drinking and meds isn't good, but don't drink at all until your body gets a chance to adjust to the new meds I'm not sure how cit and drink mix though.

I am avoiding alcohol and also some caffeine while I adapt to the meds.

One cautionary note, I don't even drink hardly ever, but I did feel a pretty strong impulse when I starts citalopram. I think it was around a week in, I was just feeling down and anxious and weepy, and had to face my family and thought about drinking. That is very very unusual for me, I have zero history of alcoholism or such and generally don't drink, smoke etc.

I guess what I am saying is that I advise to be on the lookout for impulsive feelings, as they might increase and take you down the wrong path. I think it's definitely not smart to bring alcohol into the mix when starting citalopram or any similar med. I think you really need to get as clear an assessment of your feelings as you can and avoid complicating factors.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would also wait until the medication is well in your system. Last night I had 3 vodkas for the first time after being on Sert for 10 weeks. I ate somehting when I came in & had glass of water and feel ok apart from being tired so wait until your body adjusts to it

Thanks for the advice guys! I think it is a little to do with the side effects as I seem to be getting a lot of bad headaches! At the min they are so bad I end up just taking my self off to bed!

I used to be on Sert as well Skoosh, but when I drank on that I would get the most horrid heartburn on a night!

It will probably do me good not to drink anyway! Does anyone else feel really light headed on Cit? xx

Thread Information