Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid tummy pains stick worried

Mid tummy pains stick worried

I am still getting really bad stomach pains, especially around my middle area (belly button height); its particularly bad at night and its really frightening me. Seen the Dr and he has ordered bloods and scans, but in the meantime I still have the pain/spasms. He thinks it is bowel related maybe inflammation, taking anti spasmodic tablets but they aren't helping as yet...another bad night though, paracetomol did help. So worried. :( Does anyone's pain get worse at night? Eating tiny meals, only soup last night which still caused the pain :( Not sure what to eat anymore...down to wholemeal toast which seems to be okay.

Re: Mid tummy pains stick worried

One of my family suffered from what you are describing. She put it down to a bug, as it was coming and going. But it turned out it was gastritis , which we believe was caused by ibuprofin prescribed for pain. Is now on tablets for stomach which has helped.

Thanks Flori, its such a worry and is taking over my life. I am taking acid blockers but the pain is further down; I am taking some anti spasmodic tablets today regularly to see if that helps...Do you know what tablets your family member is on? x

You`re welcome Worrychick. she`s on Omeprazole twice daily. Have they gave you an endoscopy to see whats causing it.

Hi Flori, no I am just having a scan of the upper and lower regions and blood tests tomorrow. I have taken two mebervine tablets today aswell, do you know if you can take them before bed?

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Also, I am taking similar tablets to that but not helping the mid tummy pain only the upper, but maybe they take a few weeks, I have been on them about 10 days so far.

Hi Worrychick ,don`t know about mebervine. Have you not got instruction for them.
    In some cases it can take a couple of weeks for Omeprazole to work

Good luck with the scan.

Thanks, not sure how long that will take, but will have bloods back by the end of the week hopefully.

I've had those anti spasim tablets for IBS pain.
    I was having terriable tummy pain above my belly button, almost as if my insides were being twisted. The tablets did help and made a noticeable difference for me.

Not sure 100% if I have IBS but anytime I get very nervous I'll often get that awful tummy pain until I relax .

How long until the scan ? It sucks you're in so much pain :(
    You could try some pro biotic / natural yogurts, a dose of good bacteria might help . It's good to take them too after antibiotics as they mess up the flora in your gut.

It could be a bug, virus or some sort of inflamation in the intestines.

Hi Anxious gal, I don't know if its IBS either... I am worrier and I have had some other health issues I was worrying about when this started and also a son at Uni and a daughter about to turn 18 so its quite a worrying time! I have taken 3 lots today but still getting spasms, its odd they can go for a few minutes then I can stand up or change position and they are back...and sometimes i actually forget about them if I am busy for a while. Its the nights that are bad though, but have some panadol quick absorb at the ready just in case for tonight as paracetomol has helped once it kicks in....trying leaving out pasta and bread and pototoes too after my blood test tomorrow....already having activia yogerts and wondered if they were making it worse but don't seem to make a difference......not sure how long the scan will be though but hope its soon as I need to get the right treatment. Thank you for replying... what are normally your symptoms?

I've been getting a pain about two inches to the right of my bellybutton; it moves up and down but that's the general area. Started in January, went away after I stopped eating solids for awhile (had a swallowing problem that I'm still trying to get over), and it's coming back the past week or so. Feels like a muscle is being pulled or something, and it gets worse when I stand/walk, lay on my right side, and even if I'm urinating or trying to have a bm. Went to see a nurse in January and she said she thought gallbladder, but I didn't pursue the testing for that because I'm terrified of the HIDA scan. Seems a bit low for gallbladder, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information