Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 weeks of Citalopram: Finally I feel better!!!

Re: 9 weeks of Citalopram: Finally I feel better!!!

We'll done what a great post,I agree with what you say about the meds
    Good luck for the future and may the happiness be long lasting

Thx 4 the update and positive views Like many of us I'm finding 20 mg cit difficult to manage but I'm gonna hang in there cos I want to and will get better We will get through this and get our life back on track tomorrow is going 2 b a better day!

vallance_simon I am So similar to this!! I have been on 20mg for 5 weeks and was getting UP and more in control of some things, but got hit again. Am going to the doctor tomorrow to chat about upping my dose. I know it seems early on, but I had my month follow-up last week and walked out feeling very uneasy about not upping my dose. I am not a doctor, but have been on 40mg of this before and know it can work. So much patience and focus needed.

Keep us posted on how things go. I have just started week 9 and back to the doctors tomorrow. I am managing my anxiety (i.e. still functioning and managing to continue full time at work), but it is not easy. I am going to ask about a dosage increase and see if this helps.

I know this illness has a habit of going up and down, but it is so frustrating when you see an improvement, only to have your hopes dashed when you start going down again. For me it is the constant nagging of the anxiety and the ruminating that gets me! Being normal again seems like such a long way off.

Anyway, I know we can all get there and it just takes a different amount of time for different people. We can all recover!

Si

Great post! All the best to you

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

This post really helping me who struggling on 10 going to 15 now week 5 . Just need to keep going .

Ellie

I know this is an old post but just wondering how you've been getting on these days?

Same here. 4 months now, almost to the day, since a bit of a mental collapse relating to anxiety and starting citalopram. Mostly very good mood with hugely diminished anxiety. Third time around in 10 years, will probably stay on this for a couple of years.

I've been on Citalopram for a few months now but only recently for the past 9 at 40 mg. I still don't feel any better. I have random panic attacks and low-level anxiety all day until I take my clonazepam with it. Should I stick it out? Or should I talk to my doctor about switching meds. I'm so scared of going back and forth between medications and having all kinds of side effects. I've done this before. I have to say some days are better than others and it's definitely worse before my period. I have a few good moments days here and there but I expected so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I've been on Citalopram for a few months now but only recently for the past 9 at 40 mg. I still don't feel any better. I have random panic attacks and low-level anxiety all day until I take my clonazepam with it. Should I stick it out? Or should I talk to my doctor about switching meds. I'm so scared of going back and forth between medications and having all kinds of side effects. I've done this before. I have to say some days are better than others and it's definitely worse before my period. I have a few good moments days here and there but I expected so much more.
    I think you'd be doing much better by now if citalopram was the right med for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information