Thread: advice on overcoming depression and chronic anxiety

advice on overcoming depression and chronic anxiety

hi, i havent been on here for a long time, ive suffered anxiety for many years, with ocd too, with regard to unwanted thoughts, this has eased, but still have chronic anxiety, now i feel im losing the plot, been feeling very angry and bitter, which i have never been, and very feeling very low, so my boss told me to go to the docs, so i went, he was good, reckons im on way too much meds, he put me on lustral, never been on this before, i know it takes time, but just waiting, also started exercising, which will hopefully help, so im off for 2 weeks, i feel as if im losing the plot, i also was on nicotine gum, i should have been taking 12 pieces a day, i was taking 50, ive now stopped this, realise ive got to help myself and do the best i can to get right, im also on mg of valium a day, and 100mg of amisulpride, which my doc has reduced, so just need some help and advice to get through this, i have two sons and a daughter, i see my sons a lot usually, but have told them im going to work away for a bit, to give myself time to sort this out, they mean the world to me, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, im also going to have counselling which im waiting for a date, thanks, damian

Re: advice on overcoming depression and chronic anxiety

So sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment but you have identified the signs that you need help and that is half the battle won already. Take the time off that you need to start to get things into perspective and get used to the change in meds.

Trying to do everything at once will not help but small steps in the right direction will help you move forward in a more positive way. Take each day as it comes and doing one small thing that is achieveable will make you feel like you are making progress in the right direction. The counselling will help too, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

You obviously want to get yourself out of this spiral of negativity and I see a lot of positivity in your post. Sorry I cannot give you the answer but I hope the break from work gives you the mind space to help you move forward in your recovery.

I wish you all the best. Kitti

Re: advice on overcoming depression and chronic anxiety

thanks kitty, im gonna give it my best shot, its gone on way too long now, take care, damo

Thread Information